Anyone own TWO of the same ride, same size?

Seb77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Did Zildjian make orchestral A's in the 60's?
You bet they did. I once got to play a pair owned by the local theater when I was around 17, Carmina Burana, the opening part :) Older As were all but standard around, loved the sound. I remember they played great, too.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You bet they did. I once got to play a pair owned by the local theater when I was around 17, Carmina Burana, the opening part :) Older As were all but standard around, loved the sound. I remember they played great, too.
Did they make specific cymbals for suspending and others for hands?

Seb77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Did they make specific cymbals for suspending and others for hands?
I'm no expert, would like to know more about the "suspended" type, saw it in an early 90s catalog. The classical experts I got to share the stage with all seemded ok with using crash cymbals for this.
Those hand cymbals wouldn't have worked well for rolls, too heavy/thick at the edges. More like rides, but then again, the wash was rather lively, it's just not a drumset-type design.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm no expert, would like to know more about the "suspended" type, saw it in an early 90s catalog. The classical experts I got to share the stage with all seemded ok with using crash cymbals for this.
Those hand cymbals wouldn't have worked well for rolls, too heavy/thick at the edges. More like rides, but then again, the wash was rather lively, it's just not a drumset-type design.
Yeah. I remember having these thoughts when I'd play that 60's a 20" I had. Beautiful cymbal for big crescendos and the like. Not really for drum set use.

Last edited:

Latest posts