Anyone playing the Craviotto Diamond series?

digovii

Reaction score
They have been out for a year + now and was hoping to hear some feedback on them. They look mighty tempting to me and would love to hear some additional thoughts. I have always wanted a Sam Bacco-made kit and the solid shell kits are just too far out of my price range.

bbunks

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m interested as well, and wondering if there’s any similarity to Nashville Slingerlands given Sam’s involvement?

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am intrigued mainly due to the Sam Bacco connection . I would like to play/hear a kit in person . I assume they will have a kit at the next Chicago Show .

Last edited:

nopork

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
My buddy JT Bates, here in Minneapolis, has a set and loves them. If you're on Instagram he has a short post of him playing them with the new "Toppers" slip on stick tips from Tackle/DragonFly.

digovii

Reaction score
My buddy JT Bates, here in Minneapolis, has a set and loves them. If you're on Instagram he has a short post of him playing them with the new "Toppers" slip on stick tips from Tackle/DragonFly.
He did this slow brush clip with them that I absolutely love. They sounded really good in both those clips!

Skinsmannn

Reaction score
I’m interested as well, and wondering if there’s any similarity to Nashville Slingerlands given Sam’s involvement?
Yes, there is. The wood recipe is very very close per Sam. I was at the factory 2 days ago. The other gigantic factor is the edge design. It's very tall and sharp in order to help "float" the head but is not undersized. The edge seats right past the collar radius on the head. Sam took the time to explain to me ALL of the features that are built in and what an eye opener! Some very nice inmovations on those drums.
If I hadn' seen Sam tighten the head with just fingers to a playable condition I wouldn't have believed it.
After a solid look at all of the Diamond series componants......made a convert out of me. Right now, I would take those over Recording Customs.
They are OUTSTANDING DRUMS!

mesazoo

Reaction score
I don't know the lugs like a cross between Gretsch and Premier tongue.

digovii

Reaction score
Yes, there is. The wood recipe is very very close per Sam. I was at the factory 2 days ago. The other gigantic factor is the edge design. It's very tall and sharp in order to help "float" the head but is not undersized. The edge seats right past the collar radius on the head. Sam took the time to explain to me ALL of the features that are built in and what an eye opener! Some very nice inmovations on those drums.
If I hadn' seen Sam tighten the head with just fingers to a playable condition I wouldn't have believed it.
After a solid look at all of the Diamond series componants......made a convert out of me. Right now, I would take those over Recording Customs.
They are OUTSTANDING DRUMS!
wow this is really cool to hear. The edge interests me a lot. Might have to hop over to maxwell and play his set.

hsosdrum

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow this is really cool to hear. The edge interests me a lot. Might have to hop over to maxwell and play his set.
You mean you need a reason to hop over to Maxwell's? If I lived in Chicago I'd be in there all the time!

Skinsmannn

Reaction score
Lugs are fugly ……….
I thought that also in the beginning. It wasn't until Sam B. spent the time to take a tom apart and show me the construction.
Up close and personal the drums look like a million bucks and Sams team lets nothing out the door that is not Flawless.
Im not sure if Steve has made a video on these yet, but tone for days.
You know how you have to "dial" in most drums to find the "sweet spot"?
These have more sweet spot than any other drums I have ever fooled with. Killer.

digovii

Reaction score
I thought that also in the beginning. It wasn't until Sam B. spent the time to take a tom apart and show me the construction.
Up close and personal the drums look like a million bucks and Sams team lets nothing out the door that is not Flawless.
Im not sure if Steve has made a video on these yet, but tone for days.
You know how you have to "dial" in most drums to find the "sweet spot"?
These have more sweet spot than any other drums I have ever fooled with. Killer.
I tend to tune lower, how do you think these would fair to lower rock tunings?

Skinsmannn

Reaction score
I tend to tune lower, how do you think these would fair to lower rock tunings?
They tune up low fantastic. Even with very minimal tension they are playable. The kicks are remarkable. Thats why Im getting a set.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
My guess is that they are going to be very similar to the Slingerland Nashville drums with that super thin 6 ply maple shell, vintage style edges that will be smoother than a baby's bottom, and they will have that amazing sound that those kits were known for. I've known Sam Bacco for years and he loves the above mentioned combination.