Anyone remember Night Music with David Sanborn?

Freewill3

Reaction score
One of those random music memories that infiltrated my brain this week. Omar Hakim was the house band drummer. If you read the description below the video (link on YouTube), it lists quite an array of talent from many styles of music. I was still in high school and stayed up late to catch many an incredible performance.

Ghostin one

Reaction score
I loved that show. It was on NBC right after "Sports Wrap" or whatever it was called. "Michelob presents Sunday Night Music". I had a Sony hi-fi vcr at the time and taped them all.

I remember Jack Bruce, Adrian Belew, Nana Vasconcelos (Sp?), Artis the spoon man, NRBQ, etc.

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Reaction score
GREAT SHOW! I loved the mixture of the bands that appeared on the same show. As they say.........ECLECTIC.

It was also a way to get me to see artists I had heard of but never saw either in person or on film.

My #1 performance was Maria McKee singing an acoustic version of "Breathe". Made me shiver. But, I have an attraction to female lead singers.

Stretch

cornelius

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I remember running into Omar at Tower Records around the time that they were shooting that show...

Here's the new version - "Sanborn Sessions"

trailer:

A modern reimagining of the cult-classic music show “Night Music” — described by Nashville Scene as “the greatest music show you never watched” — Sanborn Sessions is a gathering of top musicians from all genres to explore the essence of music and being a musician through song and conversation.

https://www.sanbornsessions.com/

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dave-sanborn-legendary-saxophonist-presents-the-first-season-of-his-new-show-sanborn-sessions-300956229.html?fbclid=IwAR2L0e6zCLTL19xjhr-VI9hm2ZBOUvzXnuo4vBDQnShwjjgLrf3lzjbXhBY