Anyone remember these guys?

mtarrani

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hell, "I'm Going Home" is the Woodstock anthem. Alvin Lee played like he was getting paid by the note. He also did a great rendition of Wood Chopper's Ball (I think that is a Woody Herman tune).

agogobil

Drum Czardine
Reaction score
Jimmy Willis said:
... I think they were originally a jazz/funk band that later started playing rock in the late 60's. ...

I always got them confused with Ten Wheel Drive. :drunken:

Last edited by a moderator:

mydadisjr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ten Years After were definitely the cool stuff...STONEDHENGE....SHHHH....CRICKLEWOOD....

BUT... TYA WITHOUT Alvin Lee?? WTF???

Kinda like goin' to see Santana without Carlos or Cream without EC. What's the point?

dead_head

Since DCI
Reaction score
Great.... I'm going to have "Good Morning Little School Girl" stuck in my head all day....

TYA without Alvin???? :?

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
I saw Ten Years After at an ice skating rink in the summer of 1975.
The promoters had covered the ice floor with heavy cardboard sheets, which quickly turned to mush about halfway through the concert, which was completely packed with longhaired stoners. The A/C stopped working and it was hotter than hell in there, what a mess.
People began slipping on the ice, and the promoters started sending more cardboard sheets over the heads of the audience to replace the ones that had dissolved into a big soupy puddle in front of the stage.
I caught Ric Lee's drumstick that night, then promptly forgot it at a houseparty an hour later.

Chris

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sure do,saw them in '71 & '72.Always a great show.In '72 , I remember the warm up act was some guys named , Leadon,Meisner,Frey & Henley.They were good too!

moodman

Lone Wolf
Reaction score
I saw them in '71 at Fillmore West with Buddy Rich and Seatrain (quite a show). Bought my ticket from Bill Graham, who was working in the ticket booth. I remember that one of Seatrain's guitarists threw his Les Paul down and jumped on it when it quit working, Buddy's drums were un-mic'd with 17 pieces, & Alvin Lee played the longest solos I'd ever heard.