Anyone seen or know anything about this badge?

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
it's not a badge it's a washer,

(entrance exam needs updated

Where's the rest of the pictures they'll tell you the story
and us

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Ok let's go past the badge and look at the rest of the drums; I'm seeing Ludwig any more pics?

Nickfoltz

Reaction score

Nickfoltz

Reaction score
Not sure but the kick is 20 and toms are 12,13,16. That’s all the info I have

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ludwig factory badges all removed on that last refinishing project. The holes were concealed with those washers.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Still look like they were cared for..

Put it this way "I've seen worse" And a lot; lately....
I don't see Spurs I don't see legs I don't see tom mount I don't see them set up standing up

But...(and are you sure it's a 16) Looks like a 3 ply w/ring vintage 60s Ludwig;
Need a wider shot of the drums set up.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Looks like the 62-63 foldout spurs like I had on my first set ; )...
Well Are you going to go see them?...

You know Floor Tom Brackets, double tom tom mounts and brackets, and in some ways Spurs....have come a long way (since then) but (if you can work around) them the Shells are as good as anything today. People "talk" about "gretsch hardware" (from that era- It wasn't Bad. Ludwig slipped and were a bch to tighten here and there too... But the Shells are still contemporary. That's a 500-1000 set any more and you can start looking at a new 0 miles Ludwig USA set....and buy those shell fresh. Called Legacy Maple or Legacy Mahogany now (or go a notch down to the other lines)

Last edited:

Nickfoltz

Reaction score
I think so. I like the look so as long as they sound like they should then I might buy em. I am a fan of original instruments though. The debate is whether to buy cheaper, refinished drums or to spend more on something that will hold its value better

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
If those are refinished I think it looks like a nice job; even looks like the "grandma brown" of old WFL snares... and it looks like a 22" bass (10 lug?) and he has the 13/12 toms reversed..

These guys here- talk- about the 'scarf joint- where the "pearl" went (wrapped) into the Shell. LOOK FOR THAT. If they were a wrapped set and someone took the wrap off. If you don't see that.....they might have been wood finish Or not wrapped like that originally) look around the shell for seams and stuff

Last edited:

Myk

Reaction score
If they're 1969, around late 68 Ludwig stopped applying shells with the scarf joint, same time they had clear interiors

Reactions: JDA