Apologize for using an inappropriate word in my OT parents thread...

Olderschool

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I see my thread was removed that was asking your opinions with my parents situation. I used a word and I didn't realize it was not allowed. Honestly....I haven't hung here much in the last couple of years and I haven't kept up with proper protocol. I want to make a public apology for it's use....or any other offensive language I may have used in the thread. It's completely my fault and I should have read the rules here more closely and adhered to them. My bad....
I only wish I could have read the feedback and engaged in a discussion utilizing your comments.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
was it the word in your thread Title? Or later on in the comments etc just curious

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
imo not something to be analysed on a freaking drum forum ann landers. com maybe Some things are too serious for the internet. Internet is harmless for "which snare side head" or "why do my sticks break" or "the bass players wife is all over me" or..
Certain lines gotta be drawn.
freaking internet is jovial entertainment at best pablum for the masses

Drm1979

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I read it before it was removed and read most of the responses and they were all in your favor. Speaking from my experience where I work in child welfare and most of our cases involve addicts. They will never be able to be helped unless they really want to help themselves. You're in a difficult situation to be sure and I commend you for the efforts you have taken. I feel that even though it is very hard decision to make you and your siblings need to get together to come up with a plan to transition your parents to a living facility. It may be very difficult to handle in the beginning but based on your description of your parents it may be better for all parties involved if you are not their kicking post. Because right now with you being the one to provide them a place to stay and expecting rent they are only going to resent you and it's only going to cause more division and problems. I wish you the best of luck in this and hope everything works out for the best.

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hahahahaha
I honestly did not notice. Those kind of things usually jump out at me. Oh well.
There are polls and crap discussions and such here that cross hairier lines than whatever was in your thread. I just use the block button. GREAT invention!!!

It is what it is. I’ve always tried to give the Mods the benefit ... they do a very good job.

JimmySticks

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
imo not something to be analysed on a freaking drum forum ann landers. com maybe Some things are too serious for the internet. Internet is harmless for "which snare side head" or "why do my sticks break" or "the bass players wife is all over me" or..
I have to agree.

I didn't participate in that thread because I would be afraid of giving you bad advice, and it's tough to give you such important life advice in this format. But I do feel for you man, and I hope it all works out as best as possible for everyone involved.

Old PIT Guy

Reaction score
Oddly enough, or not, it was deleted right after I posted that I couldn't possibly form an opinion with only one side to the story, a story - in my personal opinion - totally inappropriate for public dissemination. And somewhere in that was my answer to the original question.

Ox Han

Reaction score
I read your OP. I also didn't comment due to many factors. I think there are threads on reddit of that exact title for the same purposes - objective feedback from 3rd parties about whether or not you are the "lower orifice".

But, will the social approval, or disapproval, really help you make this decision? I think you may want to consult more with your wife, your siblings, a family counselor and your financial advisor. Those would be the opinions I'd be seeking especially the last two to understand how big of an impact this situation may have on your future

I wish you and your wife the best in making difficult decisions and in this challenging time.

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I see my thread was removed that was asking your opinions with my parents situation. I used a word and I didn't realize it was not allowed. Honestly....I haven't hung here much in the last couple of years and I haven't kept up with proper protocol. I want to make a public apology for it's use....or any other offensive language I may have used in the thread. It's completely my fault and I should have read the rules here more closely and adhered to them. My bad....
I only wish I could have read the feedback and engaged in a discussion utilizing your comments.
I read you post and didnt really notice it. With all you are dealing with no apologies are necessary. You deserve a medal. I'm dealing with an older parent who lives far away. My issues seem like a picnic compared to yours.

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It takes a hell of a lot to offend me. We're all adults here. Always our option to not read a post or thread. I feel for you. And again, I think you've gone above and beyond.

Old PIT Guy

Reaction score
It takes a hell of a lot to offend me. We're all adults here. Always our option to not read a post or thread. I feel for you. And again, I think you've gone above and beyond.
You don’t have to be offended to find distaste in something. You just think it’s tacky --it's simply a value judgement. I couldn't care less if the thread exists or not. That doesn't alter the point of the topic amounted to pin the tail on the ahole, and to that end quite a long case was made that the pin belonged in the parents’ backsides and not the son. If everything said were true it looked a lot like hanging the parents’ dirty underwear on the internet. In point of fact, no matter who was at fault for what or how much it still looked like that because in essence that’s exactly what it was.

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Frank Zappa– On “bad language”:

“There is no such thing as a dirty word. There is no word, nor any sound, that you can make with your mouth that is so powerful that it will condemn you to the lake of fire at the time when you hear it. ‘Dirty words’ is a fantasy manufactured by religious fanatics and government organizations to keep people stupid. Any word that gets the point across is a good word. If you wanna tell somebody to ‘get f*cked,’ that’s the best way to tell him.”

Whats really sad is I have to censor that quote to be allowed to post it.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always our option to not read a post or thread.
That's not always an answer..If..you see the entire forum as a 'collective'. We must look out for each and every one of our Brothers (and sister..s
So (in that sense...) a Thread by one.. Is a Thread by all.

So we (just might) have a 'right' to caution (nee obligation..

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I understand and respect your point, Joe. And I never mean to speak for anyone else. What I said is strictly my opinion. I should have been more clear, that that was how I see it.

But still, best to the OP. I hope it works out for him better than it has so far.

Reactions: JDA

ARGuy

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frank Zappa– On “bad language”:

“There is no such thing as a dirty word. There is no word, nor any sound, that you can make with your mouth that is so powerful that it will condemn you to the lake of fire at the time when you hear it. ‘Dirty words’ is a fantasy manufactured by religious fanatics and government organizations to keep people stupid. Any word that gets the point across is a good word. If you wanna tell somebody to ‘get f*cked,’ that’s the best way to tell him.”

Whats really sad is I have to censor that quote to be allowed to post it.
So do you think we should be permitted here to refer to African Americans using the N word and gay men as f*@@$ts? Frank would seem to think so, if you're going to use him as your authority.

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score
I read your thread
I noticed the language but was not offended.
You could almost hear your angst,bro.
And,rightfully so.
If anything, when it comes to the wording in your thread,my advice: Relax,friend.
Nothing wrong with being honest.
The subject matter is another story.
Wishing you the best.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in full support of you man. That’s what I said. I hope for the best turnout for you.