Apologize for using an inappropriate word in my OT parents thread...

michaelg

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So i had a post deleted by the mods (my sincere apologies mods) which had a great track by the brilliant Meshell Ndegeocello , with a great drum track by Oliver Gene Lake and Luis Conte.
The track's title and content had some "bad language" deemed inappropriate for the forum.

I was also going to post a track or 2 of Prince and some other great artists to make my point that great Art should never be censored and "bad language" has a place that is not rooted in hate or division. but i won't as I'd prefer not to have it censored again.

These tracks are all out there elsewhere and anyone who's interested can easily find them. I would argue that these tracks are very far from offensive and that truly far worse violent and obnoxious things are taught in schools from texts in ancient books.

To the OP i was touched by reading your original post as some of my own extended family/friends have been touched by alcoholism & addiction thru the years .I was in no way offended by any language your post and i suspect that most here were not either.

But I'm guessing from the Mods point of view is that the use of "bad language" is a slippery slope and its just so much easier to make black and white decisions to ban all such words from the forum and that helps keeps things on the straight and narrow.

Last edited:

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
If it has any kind of conservative slant, a certain liberal "mod" will lock or remove it. Or if a passive aggressive liberal complains about it, you are toast. If is has a liberal slant, all is good. Ace

jaymandude

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it has any kind of conservative slant, a certain liberal "mod" will lock or remove it. Or if a passive aggressive liberal complains about it, you are toast. If is has a liberal slant, all is good. Ace
Is that true ? I don’t think I’ve noticed it. The Carmichael thjng was interesting. Is that what you’re referring to ?

Why would someone need to post anything with a “slant” on a drum forum. Which posts have a liberal or conservative slant ? Didn’t you just do the same thing ? Just trying to understand

Last edited:

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
Is that true ? I don’t think I’ve noticed it. The Carmichael thjng was interesting. Is that what you’re referring to ?

Why would someone need to post anything with a “slant” on a drum forum. Which posts have a liberal or conservative slant ? Didn’t you just do the same thing ? Just trying to understand
If one has an ideology, they see a slant even if it is not there. They will deny facts. Where have you been? Laugh! Ace

jaymandude

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If one has an ideology, they see a slant even if it is not there. They will deny facts. Where have you been? Laugh! Ace
I mean. You’re laughing but you’re combining the words "ideology" “facts“ and “slant “. I’m just asking for clarification so I can get an idea of what you’re talking about.

I think more than ever in this hyper political scenario. People are REALLY quick to paint with a broad brush. I really dislike the terms liberal and conservative for example. It’s just way too simplistic. But hey it’s easy.

Last edited:

jb78

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anything, the removal of the Carmichael thread showed the opposite.

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
If anything, the removal of the Carmichael thread showed the opposite.
I didn't see that thread. The thread I had on Old Conspiracy Theories was one that bugged me. That was a great thread and not political for anyone normal. Also the one I had on investing. Two trolls got that one shut down.
Ace