Aquarian Deep Vintage II

frey01270

Reaction score
Not to long ago i got a "Ludwig 75th Anniverery (Eagle) Kit,I'm thinking about trying "Aquarian Deep Vintage II" Heads on the Toms,Has any one have any experience with these Heads ?.

Trilock_Gurtu

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yup. I tried them on my 60's MIJ Star kit; 22/12/16. Very very thick heads. They were cool, but a little to thick for general use, imo. I'd use them again, but just for that specific muted/warm/fat vibe, and probably only on larger sized drums (13" and up for toms, 22" and up for bass drums). Just from my experience. I like the Modern Vintage line, overall.

frey01270

Reaction score
Yup. I tried them on my 60's MIJ Star kit; 22/12/16. Very very thick heads. They were cool, but a little to thick for general use, imo. I'd use them again, but just for that specific muted/warm/fat vibe, and probably only on larger sized drums (13" and up for toms, 22" and up for bass drums). Just from my experience. I like the Modern Vintage line, overall.

frey01270

Reaction score
It was only that i thought that with them being Power Tom Depth,that they may be suited for their depth ?.

flatwins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Not to long ago i got a "Ludwig 75th Anniverery (Eagle) Kit
Nice. Is it the standard depth toms or the deep toms? I don’t have any experience with the Deep Vintage heads but do have experience with the Modern Vintage and MVII types.

Edit- We must have posted at the same time and I see you covered the question of tom depth.

frey01270

Reaction score
Nice. Is it the standard depth toms or the deep toms? I don’t have any experience with the Deep Vintage heads but do have experience with the Modern Vintage and MVII types.

Edit- We must have posted at the same time and I see you covered the question of tom depth.
Sorry cannot say that i have seen any answers to my question ,or were i might be able to to find the answeres to it.

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not advise using them in the rack Toms . The thinner Modern Vintage II heads are far more useable and sound better IMHO.

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Agree they are heavy heads, quite thick. I like the Remo Vintage Emps much better.