header.nohb.html

Aquarian Response 2's "black" are turning my sticks black!

LRod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
This is strange, I have the Response 2's in black and the tips of my sticks are turning black. And since my tips are black, my white snare heads are getting black marks. The weird part is that the black heads are perfect. I don't see any residue from the coating. I even tried rubbing them with a white cloth and nothing!
Any ideas?

Jhouse86

Reaction score
Might be the friction of the sticks on the head. Are you using nylon or wood tips? I would think nylon would be less susceptible to staining.

JimmySticks

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm thinking those black marks will wipe right off, no?

I play the black Aquarian DeJohnette heads (love em!) and don't see that problem, however they do get some white stick marks on them, kind of weird, but they wipe right off.

LRod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Might be the friction of the sticks on the head. Are you using nylon or wood tips? I would think nylon would be less susceptible to staining.
I use wood tips. Unfortunately I don't like nylon.
I've used white Response 2's and white Super 2's which I'm assuming are the same type of coating and have never had this type of issue. I figure that with those my tips would look like they're covered in Liquid Paper, Lol!!

LRod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'm thinking those black marks will wipe right off, no?

I play the black Aquarian DeJohnette heads (love em!) and don't see that problem, however they do get some white stick marks on them, kind of weird, but they wipe right off.
What solution are you using to to wipe?
I tried a dry rag and it didn't work.