Are there Whitney Drums for sale?

BuddyRFan

Reaction score
Found the FB page and bit the bullet and ordered a Penquin Nesting 16 kit in white stain. Looking forward to using them! Thanks to all who helped!

BuddyRFan

Reaction score
Treviso1 said:
What size are all the drums and is a snare drum included?
The kit I'm buying is a Penquin Nesting 16, 4 piece. The drums are made from birch.

The sizes and etc. are as follows:
  • 15 x 16 bass
  • 5×13 snare
  • 6.5 x 10 tom
  • 8 x 13 tom
  • Quickstand™ folding stand and hardware to mount all drums and your two cymbals
  • Blankets for nested drums
  • Padded gig bag for drums
  • Choice of color
  • Weight of the drums in the bag is 29 lbs.

R

RickP

BuddyRFan said:
Found the FB page and bit the bullet and ordered a Penquin Nesting 16 kit in white stain. Looking forward to using them! Thanks to all who helped!
Good choice ! I have the Nesting 16 and it goes to all my rehearsals, jam sessions and small room and quieter gigs. Some of the people I play with request I bring the Whitney kit because they love the sound.

dboomer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm fortunate enough to live only about 20 miles form JT's shop so I paid him a visit today. I had been wanting to order an 18" kit but I found that after playing the 16" kit those sizes work just fine for me. I'm adding an additional 8" tom to the kit. Hard to describe unless you have had the pleasure to play one of these kits, but they are bigger than the nominal size they are listed at.

The big sound from the small drums is amazing. Of course not really playing them on a gig, I am suspecting they may not quite as loud as some other bigger standard size kits. But in my case that's probably an advantage.

Now the wait begins!

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
RickP said:
Good choice ! I have the Nesting 16 and it goes to all my rehearsals, jam sessions and small room and quieter gigs. Some of the people I play with request I bring the Whitney kit because they love the sound.
What are the rack tom sizes on your kit, Rick? Do you also play the snare? What size is the snare? Thank you, in advance.

R

RickP

Treviso1 said:
What are the rack tom sizes on your kit, Rick? Do you also play the snare? What size is the snare? Thank you, in advance.

Rob,
My kit has a 10" rack and 13" hanging floor tom. 16" x 15" bass drum.

R

RickP

dboomer said:
They're here!
DB
The kit looks killer !!!! Send me a message and I will give you a couple pickup trips that will save you some time .

Latest posts