Are these Ludwig Re-Rings?

ludwig402

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My experience is limited, and I've never seen anything like this before on Ludwig or Slingerland.

Thanks

aaarings (1).JPG
aaarings (5).JPG

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a first for me. Never seen those before on any of my Ludwigs or my old Slingerlands either. Maybe those have been re-re-ringed?

Marquisjohnson22

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have never seen that ring either. I also pondered if they were rings that had been tampered with or re-ringed.

jccabinets

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
They look a little like the rings on my Ludwig drums, 45 degrees on top and a round over profile on the bottom. Mine are painted white and are not as precise.

squidart

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Never seen those on Slingy or Ludwig. Looks like precision furniture maker work. And is it oak as well?
What’s the outside and badge look like?

ludwig402

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, should have given more info on the drum.

It's a project drum missing the badge. Exterior was a blue silver duco which has been stripped (maple exterior ply); drilled for top and bottom mufflers, the top holes for which are quite large
so I'm assuming baseball bats; drilled for a diamond plate mount. The interior was white, stripped down to the mahogany, and what I thought were maple rings, but I'm not too knowledgeable on wood grains.

My first thought was replacement re-rings, but given jccabinets' reply, maybe there's hope?

Last edited:

andlours

Reaction score
I have some old WFL drums that have the groove running parallel with the hoop like yours.