Arizona Drum Shop has the Ludwig Extended L-Arm/Ball!!

underratedcowbell

Reaction score
I really wish I could find that in Europe… oh well!
Nice find btw. These arms are great for having the hanging tom a litle further away from the bass drum center post.

Wolfman

Reaction score
Yes, it puts the tom in a much better position (at least for me).

I called up Ludwig to see if maybe they had some lying around. They didn't, but they mentioned the Arizona Drum Shop, the Drum Center of Portsmouth and Drums on Sale were the last places they shipped them to. Arizona Drum Shop was the first place I tried.

It might be worth calling Ludwig and asking if they had shipped a bunch to a place near you. I'm sure the Arizona Drum Shop would ship anywhere, but who knows what the cost would be.

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe if enough people call Ludwig they'll wise up and have more made up. Otherwise, grab one while you can.

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
These work perfectly for me as well when used with a center post and a single tom post (Gibraltar). Puts the tom in about the same spot as a rail would.
20211022_153951.jpg

psych red.jpg

Discontinued by Ludwig and the place in Arizona has a very limited supply so don't waste any time if you need one.

Seems like such a no-brainer product that it's hard to believe that Ludwig dumped it or that somebody else doesn't offer something similar.

Piggpenn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
For anyone looking for this discontinued part from Ludwig, I was able to find some at the Arizona Drum Shop. I bought three, but they still have some left. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.
I've purchased quite a bit of gear from AZ DS. He's a good guy to get to know.

Wolfman

Reaction score
The guy I spoke to at Ludwig told me that they didn't sell well at all, which is why they discontinued it. He told me they were very surprised it sold so poorly.

squidart

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
These work perfectly for me as well when used with a center post and a single tom post (Gibraltar). Puts the tom in about the same spot as a rail would.
View attachment 529498
View attachment 529499

Discontinued by Ludwig and the place in Arizona has a very limited supply so don't waste any time if you need one.

Seems like such a no-brainer product that it's hard to believe that Ludwig dumped it or that somebody else doesn't offer something similar.
I guess if it was made as a part specifically for the Gig Lite kit "floor tom" they weren't envisioning any other application outside of that. Hopefully they'll get the message.

Wolfman

Reaction score
I'm surprised it isn't the standard model for the single tom mount.

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The guy I spoke to at Ludwig told me that they didn't sell well at all, which is why they discontinued it. He told me they were very surprised it sold so poorly.
They never really advertised it in any way. I found it initially when one randomly popped up for sale on ebay a few years back. I'm not sure how you'd advertise such a part anyhow as it wouldn't merit its own ad or anything like that but if they'd pictured a few kits using it in the catalog or on the website and offered it as an option on single-up sets I'd suspect they'd get a fair number of takers. As I mentioned in another thread on these (there have been several....showing there is definite interest out there) it would be possible to make your own extended arm ball but that is nowhere as slick as having a nice factory made one.

Really I can't imagine that too many of their parts move in vast numbers. Maybe Atlas mounts and P-88 throw offs do but for every part like that there are going to be many others that sell very slowly, like some obscure tympani part that moves 10 units a year. Yet they continue to offer them because there is a need from their customers. I'd think this particular arm would at the least fall into that category...although if word got around they might sell in respectable numbers.

I would guess the current known world supply of new ones will be all gone by around 2pm today. There might still be others out there somewhere. I wonder if Chicago Drum Exchange might have some in stock?

Wolfman

Reaction score
I'm very grateful to this forum, because I only found out through posts on here that this part even existed!