header.nohb.html

Article about Rolling Stones - love this!

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Yahoo had an article about the Stones and their upcoming 60th anniversary tour of 14 days. It's mostly an interview about Mick
and his health regimen, and talks about Charlie a bit and how he was always last out to the curtain bow:

“I don’t really expect him to be there any more if I turn round during a show,” Jagger says. “But I do think about him. Not only during
rehearsals or on stage, but in other ways too. I would have phoned him up and talked about last night’s Arsenal game because he
supported Tottenham and I’m Arsenal. I miss him as a player and as a friend. In the show, when we come to the front and bow at
the end, there’s no Charlie. He’d always be the last one down. I’d go: ‘Come on, what have you got to do?’
He’d be fiddling with his sticks because he always had to have them in a row before he’d get off the seat.”

John DeChristopher

DFO Veteran
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still hard to believe and accept Charlie is no longer with us... His 81st birthday would've been next Thursday, June 2nd... :(

I wish they'd get the facts straight in these articles. Ron Wood was invited to join the Stones in 1976. However, he wasn't made a "full band member" until Bill Wyman left in 1993. There's a world of a difference between "being in a band" and being a "full band member" i.e. partner.

But it's a nice article.

dale w miller

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Still hard to believe and accept Charlie is no longer with us... His 81st birthday would've been next Thursday, June 2nd... :(

I wish they'd get the facts straight in these articles. Ron Wood was invited to join the Stones in 1976. However, he wasn't made a "full band member" until Bill Wyman left in 1993. There's a world of a difference between "being in a band" and being a "full band member" i.e. partner.

But it's a nice article.

I remember reading a quote from Ron Wood saying he became a full band member just in time when the real money started coming in.