header.nohb.html

ASBA Caroline is back.....

Santino

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were good pedals. Looking forward to see what's changed and how the reissue is received.

hsosdrum

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in the time I was on the road to rock'n'roll fame & fortune* this was the best pedal I'd ever tried. But they were too expensive for me to be able to buy two, so I stuck with my Slingerland Tempo-King and my Camco. When one shows up at Pro Drum Shop I'll definitely check it out!

(*Never quite made it there.)

Reactions: JDA

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in the time I was on the road to rock'n'roll fame & fortune* this was the best pedal I'd ever tried. But they were too expensive for me to be able to buy two, so I stuck with my Slingerland Tempo-King and my Camco. When one shows up at Pro Drum Shop I'll definitely check it out!

(*Never quite made it there.)
Looking forward to hearing what you think . I’ve heard a few folks say they are really great pedals ….
I’ve always been curious ……

hsosdrum

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing what you think . I’ve heard a few folks say they are really great pedals ….
I’ve always been curious ……
I remember it having a smoother feel throughout its entire stroke length than any other pedal I'd used at the time (this was the mid-1970s). It also had really good 'slam'. However, at the time the strap was made of very thick leather, and I know from experience that straps stretch and break, so I'd be concerned about that in this upcoming version.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember it having a smoother feel throughout its entire stroke length than any other pedal I'd used at the time (this was the mid-1970s). It also had really good 'slam'. However, at the time the strap was made of very thick leather, and I know from experience that straps stretch and break, so I'd be concerned about that in this upcoming version.
Yeah but back then the straps were leather .
That one in the pic looks pretty durable

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but back then the straps were leather .
That one in the pic looks pretty durable
Wasn't the heel hinge on these also a piece of leather?
I've never had the chance to try one but have always heard how great they were. I look forward to checking one out.

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't the heel hinge on these also a piece of leather?
I've never had the chance to try one but have always heard how great they were. I look forward to checking one out.
Yea I dunno about the heel hinge ….

It seems to be “ urban legend “ status with this very odd looking pedal .

RIDDIM

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'd like to see them make a double pedal with a slack free universal.

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vaguely recall that Ludwig sold this pedal ever so briefly in the late 70's or early 80s. The Caroline or something very similar. I have a one sheet flyer on it somewhere. It was around the same time they were making the Ghost pedals. Whether they made these or just distributed them I don't know. I don't think it ever made it into a catalog. I'll look in my files for the flyer.

I'm almost positive the "hinge" on these was a thick piece of leather or some sort of heavy-duty industrial fabric.

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Consider me intrigued , I am doubtful it will feel better than my Sonor Perfect Balance pedal but I have been wrong before .

Drumbelly

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’ve collected a few of the originals, and I love this pedal. I’ve never seen the actual strap stretch or fatigue, this was a very thick coated strap similar to a suitcase strap, not like a Rogers Swivomatic or Floating Action Gretsch type. I have seen the screws that attach the hinge of the footboard wear through the leather at that point though, because it was a square flat leather piece unlike the strap they used. I’m not a real heavy hitter so I didn’t worry much. I am very interested to see them when they come out.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
I vaguely recall that Ludwig sold this pedal ever so briefly in the late 70's or early 80s. The Caroline or something very similar. I have a one sheet flyer on it somewhere. It was around the same time they were making the Ghost pedals. Whether they made these or just distributed them I don't know. I don't think it ever made it into a catalog. I'll look in my files for the flyer.

I'm almost positive the "hinge" on these was a thick piece of leather or some sort of heavy-duty industrial fabric.
I've been looking for that flyer. I let one slip out of my hands. Would love to see it. I still have my Asba Caroline....Mike