Attack Drum Heads Review

Mark Tirabassi

Reaction score
Love the Attack clear with the tone ring ,but as far as I can tell ,they don't make them anymore.

Would love to see a photo of this head so I can determine which model it is. Also what logo and what does its say on the head.

Mark Tirabassi

Reaction score
Saw that,but not shipping until late July and it doesn't appear to be the same head.
The one on that snare is single ply with a built in dampening ring.
The head in the photo is a very very old TONERIDGE2
It was originally called the “deadhead” and was the first model Attack Drumheads ever came out with. It is a two ply that has a unique ridge or you can say a raised embossed like center. The plys have a very very light bit of adhesive around the our inch which connects the two plys - this may appear to some to be a dampening ring. It does create a dampening effect.
Hope this helps.

Markkuliini

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Very cool! Hopefully they will become available in Europe too. Haven't tried any Attack heads before, but I have always enjoyed all the crimped heads I have gotten chance to try.

pgm554

Reaction score
The head in the photo is a very very old TONERIDGE2
It was originally called the “deadhead” and was the first model Attack Drumheads ever came out with. It is a two ply that has a unique ridge or you can say a raised embossed like center. The plys have a very very light bit of adhesive around the our inch which connects the two plys - this may appear to some to be a dampening ring. It does create a dampening effect.
Hope this helps.
I bought what I thought was that head back in 2017,but it wasn't the same from Zzounds
The following items on your order have shipped:

product/item number qty @ price$ = total$ shipmethod

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attack Clear Drumhead (New, 14 Inch, Medium)

Item number - ATT DHA14 2 @ 7.95 = 15.90 Ground

Attack Snare Side Drumhead (New, 14 Inch, Medium)

Item number - ATT SS14M 4 @ 5.95 = 23.80 Free 2-Day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subtotal 39.70

Tax 0.00

Shipping 0.00

Total 39.70

Click "My Order" on zZounds.com to...

* track your order and shipments

* get a receipt

* request a return

And when I do a search for Toneridge 2,I get the same from Zzounds or American Music.

Mark Tirabassi

Reaction score
I bought what I thought was that head back in 2017,but it wasn't the same from Zzounds
The following items on your order have shipped:

product/item number qty @ price$ = total$ shipmethod

Attack Clear Drumhead (New, 14 Inch, Medium)

Item number - ATT DHA14 2 @ 7.95 = 15.90 Ground

Attack Snare Side Drumhead (New, 14 Inch, Medium)

Item number - ATT SS14M 4 @ 5.95 = 23.80 Free 2-Day

Subtotal 39.70

Tax 0.00

Shipping 0.00

Total 39.70

Click "My Order" on zZounds.com to...

* track your order and shipments

* get a receipt

* request a return

And when I do a search for Toneridge 2,I get the same from Zzounds or American Music.
You ordered a PROFLEX1 model DHA14 it’s a one ply 10 mil Dynaflex film - very different from the photo. If you want to reorder the same head you would want a TONERIDGE2 model DH14

Rick

Reaction score
I just stumbled across this tonight on YouTube. Looks like they're going to do a whole series of reviews on various Attack Heads...

htkfred

Reaction score
First things first... THANK YOU so much Rick for the kind words. I’m so grateful for your support of the Attack Drumhead brand. The ORBIT and the BARON were my first two new product launches and they have both had great success. We just introduced a BARON 13” model do you the many requests. Some of the biggest difference between the discontinued Bozzio series and the newly rebranded ROYAL series is the new lower price, more models and did I mention lower price . Hold on tight there will be even more new models in the near future.
Please visit www.attackdrumheads.com
Watch the ORBIT video (the one with me sitting in the brown chair) to understand the concept of the ORBIT2

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
I found a mega deal for anyone interested in an Attack heads pack. 12", 13", 16" Royal series plus a 14" Eric Singer Signature snare head. $29.99 with free shipping. Deal ends in 5 days and they only have a few left:

atomicdave

DFO Star
Reaction score
I havent purchased any "new" ones, I used to buy the previoius ones due to low cost, but then I had a brand new snare head break right off the bat at a gig...disenchanting. Stamped right on the hoop, MADE IN TAIWAN...I will just spend a few extra bucks for a USA made Remo product.

Rick

Reaction score
I havent purchased any "new" ones, I used to buy the previoius ones due to low cost, but then I had a brand new snare head break right off the bat at a gig...disenchanting. Stamped right on the hoop, MADE IN TAIWAN...I will just spend a few extra bucks for a USA made Remo product.
That's a bummer and would be disenchanting for sure! To be clear, I don't use Attack heads because of the cost. I like them because I've found them to sound better and be of higher quality. At least that's been my experience with them. I suppose every manufacturer produces a dud every now and then. But I haven't had any problems with any of the Attack heads I've used. They hold a tuning better than the Remo heads I had on before. The coating lasts a ton longer. And I think they sound better too. So it's all good from my perspective. But of course everyone has different priorities and preferences. Not trying to discount your experience or sell anyone.

Latest posts