attended a different type wedding reception saturday

wcbrown

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
a lot of you guys know our own drummer5359 (Mike) great guy, avid player and up and coming bassist to boot. he and his lovely bride Jackie, held a little different kind of reception last night. they invited 80 guests, commandeered a really nice restaurant for the evening and for the entertainment, 28 of the invitees were musicians. soooooo Mike and his normal crew led off the festivities doing a few numbers and then proceeded to open it up for the others. pretty cool concept. small but killer P.A. looked to be powered QSC components, a very nice backline of amplification, AND as an added bonus Mike provided his beautiful DW crushed glass kit, paistes' and all, topped off with a 5" Black Beauty for the drummers to enjoy. beautiful kit, great tuning. it was a VERY fun evening, cool concept, my hat goes off to Mike and Jackie for a wonderful party, congratulations you 2!!!

bbunks

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats and that's a great way to throw a wedding party!

Have been toying with doing something like this for my wife's and my 60th birthdays in 2 years. Want to do a fun party with lots of music, but I also don't want to be playing the entire party :)

tdcrjeff

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be doing a party like that in Long Beach on 12/13/14, though I'll be playing mandolin as part of a duo rather than any drumming. A wedding celebration from 12-5 at a restaurant, not technically a reception since I believe they already held the wedding.

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't see this thread. I stopped by one of wcbrown's gigs last night, and he told me that he posted this on DFO. Thank's Bill!

Yes, we had a great time. The party was everything that we dreamed it could be. Bill and his lovely wife are two of my favorite people as well as favorite musicians in this area. (His wife is a super blues singer!)

Here is a photo of Jackie and I dancing to the jam band.

And here I am playing my DWs with one of the (many) line-ups that evening.

Here is a better photo of the kit for you gear junkies out there.