Attn. Drum Center Cincinnati!!!! (Or someone who knows him-them.)

Reaction score
Does anyone know him (or them?) We were in the middle of negotiating a sale (for something that I really need) via PM, and (and while exchanging addresses and exact sale amt.) suddenly nothing!!! I have PM'd several times, and have heard nothing for over a week.

Note, there has been no money exchanged, so I am not calling him out as a bad seller, just some concern for a Drum Brother. It's just weird, first there was great communication, and then NOTHING!

I hope everything is alright!
Does anyone know what's up?
Mark

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
In general, people are on their best behavior when you first meet them. I have hired hundreds of people over the years for employment and they generally show you their best face right out of the gate. Just know that if this is how things are at the start, you are only bound to be disappointed in the future. Run, Forrest, Run! There are plenty of great, super honest shops to deal with who won't behave like this. My newest favorite is Barry Knain at Soundpure. Give him a call and he'll hook you up with a super deal.

Trilock_Gurtu

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
In general, people are on their best behavior when you first meet them. I have hired hundreds of people over the years for employment and they generally show you their best face right out of the gate. Just know that if this is how things are at the start, you are only bound to be disappointed in the future. Run, Forrest, Run! There are plenty of great, super honest shops to deal with who won't behave like this. My newest favorite is Barry Knain at Soundpure. Give him a call and he'll hook you up with a super deal.
As a business owner for 20 years, this is absolutely true. My best employees have been ones that never tried too hard in an interview, but ended up being very consistent people. I'll take consistent/gets the job done over big/fake smile, over dressed, insincere enthusiasm, any day of the week. I have one main thing I look at in a resume, before I decide on an interview; if they've had 12 jobs in 4 years - next.

Last edited:

blikum

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Barry is a great guy!

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I made one last attempt, and make no accusations, but still no response from the "seller" after more than a week, and several PM attempts.

BEWARE!!!!!!

And if anyone has 2 used Gibraltar (or Yamaha) 20" Black Bass drum rims for sale, let me know! I need those rims for the uniform thickness to keep it consistent for all of my bass drums and my DW pedals. I don't want to have to re-adjust my pedal clamp for every different BD that I use. I also like the way that they make bass drums sound.

Thanks,
MSG

Cpb282

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I made one last attempt, and make no accusations, but still no response from the "seller" after more than a week, and several PM attempts.

BEWARE!!!!!!

And if anyone has 2 used Gibraltar (or Yamaha) 20" Black Bass drum rims for sale, let me know! I need those rims for the uniform thickness to keep it consistent for all of my bass drums and my DW pedals. I don't want to have to re-adjust my pedal clamp for every different BD that I use. I also like the way that they make bass drums sound.

Thanks,
MSG
bad person has pairs (black, 20”) for $76. They’re back ordered, but I have an order out for a project that I’m working on.

“bad person” means musicians friend. Apparently they did not like my abbreviation.

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I attempted to reach the member several times over a few days to purchase a cymbal in that for sale section and never received a response. That member was regularly posting in the drums for sale section during those times.