attn Ploughman Rogers characteristic

GrandpaCleve

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This cool Classmate with throw off came to me today. Usually that model just had a tension-er. There was a drum going around with this butt plate in this time period. This is another example of it popping up on a Rogers drum.

Attachments

DanC

"Get in, sit down, shut up, hold on"
Reaction score
Somewhere in Florida, behind a Rogers kit
Gary, I have seen a Classmate with that strainer before. The 'Orchestra' strainer, I believe. Little drum, big strainer that barely fits on the shell.

I don't think I have ever seen that butt plate.

A Mardi Gras Classmate!

Not sure I've seen one in any wrap finish at all, they usually have the painted 2-tone finish...

lanebune

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Beautiful drum. I don't want to hijack this thread, but I have this throw off strainer that came off an old MIJ drum. I'm just wondering if this is a knockoff, or someone would actually take this from a Rogers drum and put it on a MIJ drum. It looks identical to the one on your drum. I think it was called a Universal throw off strainer.

Attachments

GrandpaCleve

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks, Steam!!

As I went to check the old paper catalogs. Started out as the orchestra throw off as lanebug has(long arm but no twist). By the time of the nubby arm with a twist it was called a Universal throw off.

The reason for this thread was to see if Poughman still has this drum that had this butt on the Classmate. When I checked the throw off page it shows it in the catalog. Case closed on that butt.

Attachments

Last edited:

Latest posts