AUDIO HELP.....

pizzi

Reaction score
Hi All... so. i recently purchased the yamaha ead10 im sure im not using it to its full capacity but my biggest challenge is the quality of the audio in my headphones. do i need to pre amp my headphones from the ead? or is it just a matter of a higher quality of headphone... Purchased the new apple max headphones and although they were cool. when i plug them in only get a low volume mono through the ead10? would appreciate any feed back. dont mind purchasing. what i need ...

bpaluzzi

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but where are you plugging in to the EAD10? It sounds like you might be plugging into the main output on the back of the unit? You need to plug into the headphone jack in the front.

pizzi

Reaction score
Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but where are you plugging in to the EAD10? It sounds like you might be plugging into the main output on the back of the unit? You need to plug into the headphone jack in the front.
yes. i am plugging in the correct headphone jack in the front, it works fairly well with my current head set except over modulates when i get loud..... but strangely the new apple max headphones came out mono and low volume

phdamage

Reaction score
i've never experienced an interface output with serious audio issues like that. i'd be more curious if something is up with the settings in your output.

headphones are often pretty lacking for critical decisions unless you really shell out a bit of $$ for them. i have some mid level cans, but sonarworks makes them a bit more useful. i still never mix on headphones.

bpaluzzi

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
yes. i am plugging in the correct headphone jack in the front, it works fairly well with my current head set except over modulates when i get loud..... but strangely the new apple max headphones came out mono and low volume
Weird -- do you have the same issue with the Apple headphones in other sources? (particularly other sources with a 1/4" input -- wondering if the 1/8"->1/4" adapter might be the problem).

pizzi

Reaction score
Weird -- do you have the same issue with the Apple headphones in other sources? (particularly other sources with a 1/4" input -- wondering if the 1/8"->1/4" adapter might be the problem).
funny was just wondering that. will try tonight on other sources..

pizzi

Reaction score
i've never experienced an interface output with serious audio issues like that. i'd be more curious if something is up with the settings in your output.

headphones are often pretty lacking for critical decisions unless you really shell out a bit of $$ for them. i have some mid level cans, but sonarworks makes them a bit more useful. i still never mix on headphones.
yea its strange but in general i dont mind buying a great set. just not sure what that really means today brand wise, that works well powered by the ead10 and yet quality /clarity of sound