Austin Craigs List - Not mine but a great Gretsch Deal

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score
That's the only place I've seen it.
there can't be splotches of chrome underneath you'd have lumpy sections rather than even when you run your hand around the hoop. coating was applied to raw lugs and hoops brackets snare shell.
I'll go with what it says in this ad. Hand polished first, then copper plating, then nickel plating, then final coating.

Last edited:

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Not sure where they got their info but they are describing the chrome plating process, polishing, then electroplate with copper, then nickel ( it's the silver nickle that is the reflective surface you see ) then a thin layer of chrome which is more or less clear ( although it has a slight bluish tint) which merely prevents the nickel from tarnishing. In the above scenario they had regular nickel plated hardware but then opted to apply the powder coat instead of the final top coat of chrome. Not sure why they wouldn't have just powder coated the zinc castings as the end result would have looked the same.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Nice kit, good price! I have a friend with this same color kit and gigs it Thurs-Sun. for a jazz gig 3+ hours/night every weekend - they still look great and the few times I've sat in sounded great. The bass is a sleeper and thumps......No comment on the hardware color, though! However, that color combo is wonderful.......