Authenticating a cymbal?

squidart

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
And if you look at other black labels from the 70s you'll find that bottom ink can be spotty but in different parts of the logo, like the pad printer never hit them the same way twice. So yeah if you can get high resolution images that match the defects on yours, download and post them here. :)

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
That's interesting. I'd never expect them not to replace a stsmper. It seems it went on for some time.
I think I'm going to have to figure out how to get back in touch with the guy, or hope there's a record of serial #'s to top artists.
The scratch out attempt leads me to believe that's my best bet. I need to contact Paiste 1st
If i find out only 10 11 inch 2002's were made that year, that would be a great start.

squidart

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
While you're playing Columbo see if there's documentation of a replacement being bought right after that MSG gig. If someone lifted it it was probably during teardown.

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I do Chrissy from Three's company. Well, never literally;).
Maybe MSG has it in an old security log? I wonder if it was even reported? IF it is legit, it was used for several shows. According to Paiste, they discontinued the GB's, as they were breaking far to much..
That Colombo crack was good.

squidart

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do Chrissy from Three's company. Well, never literally;).
Maybe MSG has it in an old security log? I wonder if it was even reported? IF it is legit, it was used for several shows. According to Paiste, they discontinued the GB's, as they were breaking far to much..
That Colombo crack was good.
I'm more Mr Furley. Oh well...

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
How do ya think Janet, and Chrissy were coming up with their share of the rent? Mr Furley was a stud!
He also never aged?

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Why not reach out to Stewart and ask him? https://www.stewartcopeland.net/

Of course, what if Mr. Intoxication got the cymbals at a 5 finger discount (ie: had to sell them fast!) and now Mr. S.C. thinks you were involved?
Bwhahaha. Last post was a potential adult film flick, and now.......
I'll definitely give his email a shot. Thank you!
I am also going to have my wife tweet him, with a picture. I'm thinking he probably wouldn't care, and I'm sure anything emailed to him gets filtered, but it's definitely worth a shot.
I'm going to Vegas in July, it's too bad the Pawn stars store is mainly murchandise. The guy Rick was able to get anything authenticated. I didn't think it would be this difficult. I've gotten several good suggestions, and I hope they keep coming, as I'm at the point a little past curious now. I may call around Vegas before I head out there, as I don't see too much difference in behavior between someone who's on drugs, and compulsive gambling.
I still don't expect these to have been these artists cymbals, but I'd like to find out. If I find out they are, then I might start worrying about my fingers