Avedis 18" paper-thin type I large stamp

D

drumaholic

This one weighs 1068 gms. It's in incredible condition, in fact it's mint. I purchased it through one of our own members here, Poot. A great guy to deal with to say the least.

This one's from the last trademark period where all the hammering was still being done by hand. After this it was a combination machine and hand hammering. Vintage crica 1954 to 1955.

CLICK ON LINK TO SOUNDFILE

18" TYPE I LARGE STAMP

D

drumaholic

Blair:

Actually I didn't include it intentionally. I've had some problems with people stealing my photos and most recently with some people using the information that I developed in order to create bogus versions of the timeline. So I'd like to keep that to myself until I release it all in copyrited form.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
that is one beautiful cymbal. like a peice of art. bet it sounds like a dream.

mike

D

drumaholic

mlayton said:
that is one beautiful cymbal. like a peice of art. bet it sounds like a dream.

mike

It does. I sure hope everyone can open the soundfile link.

mbettis

Reaction score
Wow!

1068 on an 18? That really is paperthin. I wonder how it survived all those years?

Later,
Matt

reidjazz

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Man, that's a beaut!!! I agree, Poot is a great cat...saw him play over the summer at an outdoor gig we were doing...him first, then me. 1st-class guy!

D

drumaholic

mbettis said:
Wow!

1068 on an 18? That really is paperthin. I wonder how it survived all those years?

Later,
Matt

I think the only reason that this thing survived over all these years was that this was some old timer's "baby". It shows too.

reidjazz

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
drumaholic said:
mbettis said:
Wow!

Later,
Matt
I think the only reason that this thing survived over all these years was that this was some old timer's "baby". It shows too.
That and maybe someone played it like an instrument instead of beating it to death like an ex-wife.

LudwigLarry

Reaction score
That sure is a beauty. I just picked up an 50s 18" Paper Thin crash too in the DFW area during Thanksgiving week.
Mine weighs in at 1016 grms. Like I said in another post this cymbal is what an 18" crash should sound like. But yours has good stick articulation. When I ride mine the stick sound gets overtaken abit by the wash. But I'm not using it as a ride. Its crash qualities are superb. It also has a 1 1/16" th logo which seems odd. But I know its from the 50s as it has the 7/16" mounting hole and no dots.

Wished I could find a 16" exactly like this one. I love old Zildjian paper thin cymbals. :)

Chicagoish

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
drumaholic said:
Blair:

... So I'd like to keep that to myself until I release it all in copyrited form.

Bill: What's the ETA on that??

EDL

Reaction score
Purdy....

Those light vintage AZ's sound and play great. I just got a 1940's Trans Stamp AZ China at a little over 1000gm. Sings like a bird...

Latest posts