Awesome Snare Drum Ring for my Son

beto_drummer

Reaction score
Last thing that needs to be done is the badge, he hand crafts it out of your choice of yellow gold or silver, son picked yellow gold. Should be picking it up Saturday.
WOOOW! It looks better than the first pictures!
I'm pretty sure... gold badge, choosed by your son is definetely the way to go... It will look great!!!

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a proper piece of jewelry , impressive attention to detail with a rich deep burnish . very nice !!

OldeEnglishD

Reaction score
Very nice! Looks like you opted for a hammered shell. Was that intentional?
The standard custom ring is a 1 piece casting which doesn't really allow for a high shine polish, so it has a texture to it. If you go full custom it is a 2 piece construction and then you can get a full polish on the shell.

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if it is against forum rules to post the business here. He is in SE Michigan, so not that far from you and he may ship. If an Admin can let me know if it is ok, I will post the name of his business (he is a fellow drummer).
I googled the site easy enough.

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if it is against forum rules to post the business here. He is in SE Michigan, so not that far from you and he may ship. If an Admin can let me know if it is ok, I will post the name of his business (he is a fellow drummer).
I think that is a hard rule at DC due to their marketing and business behind the scene. You're probably ok to post it here. If not, well....my bad.

OldeEnglishD

Reaction score
I think that is a hard rule at DC due to their marketing and business behind the scene. You're probably ok to post it here. If not, well....my bad.

Here is the link to Atlas Jewelers in Shelby Township MI. I do believe he will ship rings if anyone is interested. Mark is the jeweler (and also a drummer) who does the snare rings.

OldeEnglishD

Reaction score
Picked the ring up on Saturday and it is even more incredible in person. Mark spent over 20 minutes talking to us about the process and the ring, about music as well. Just a great guy. He has made hundreds of the snare drum rings (oddly we were only the 8th local person to get one, he ships the majority to customers). He was shipping a ring out to Norway later that day. He has made rings for some famous musicians (Billy Shehan, Mike Portnoy). You can tell he loves making these pieces of art. Honestly I don't understand how we paid so little for this ring. I know it is sterling silver, but the craftsmanship is superb. My son is extremely happy and wears it constantly.