Bag for roto-toms? (or other transport options?)

MelvinJones

Reaction score
Hey y'all!

I recently bought a great set of used roto-toms and have been having fun with them. They even made the cut to be a part of a regular set-up for one of the bands I play with! But now I have a problem: How do I transport these suckers?

I'd like to try and find a bag that can hold the three toms (6,8,10) mounted on the rail. Anyone have any experience/success with an easy way to lug these tings around?
If I keep on gigging them without a bag I know I'm going to break a head or drop them and bend a pole, etc. some time soon.

TIA,
Melvin

squidart

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Melvin! Not sure if there is a proprietary case made for these but my first inclination would be to figure your overall dimensions and hit thrift store luggage departments with a tape measure. You could make out on the cheap!

Dave

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
I would think some of the hardware bags would work but for the price you'd probably be spending as much for the bag as the roto toms were.

robthedrummer

Reaction score
Hey y'all!

I recently bought a great set of used roto-toms and have been having fun with them. They even made the cut to be a part of a regular set-up for one of the bands I play with! But now I have a problem: How do I transport these suckers?

I'd like to try and find a bag that can hold the three toms (6,8,10) mounted on the rail. Anyone have any experience/success with an easy way to lug these tings around?
If I keep on gigging them without a bag I know I'm going to break a head or drop them and bend a pole, etc. some time soon.

TIA,
Melvin
Back when fiber cases were the standard and high school bands had roto-toms, you could always find a case for them. You might contact Humes and Berg. They just might make you a case.

MelvinJones

Reaction score
Thanks y’all! I figured I’d have to find something close (dimensions) and do a mod on it. Great suggestions! I may try to contact humes and berg too.
cheers

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Padded keyboard or xylophone bag , medium size . Maybe have enough room at the end of it for your throne seat .

BoomBoom

Reaction score
I have had a set o 6-8-10 Roto toms for 39 years. They had been sitting on a shelf for the last 15 years or so. Last month I got 'em back out and put them on the kit. They are fun!

I have never had a case for them. But when I did take them to practices and gigs I wrapped them in a blankey (Brave Little Toaster reference).