Band logo question

bamamule77

Reaction score
Guitar player designed and new logo, our bass player doesn't approve. Take a look and tell me if it gives you an preconceived ideas of the band.

Attachments

Boomer

DFO Master
Reaction score
The font has a kind of Arabic vibe to it. The "D" kind of of looks like the Soviet Union sickle.

I had to think really hard to see those elements. At first glance I saw nothing.

FWIW, I was a graphic designer for years.

bamamule77

Reaction score
Ok, it's inspired by the allman brothers logo, the bass player thinks it's too much. He says it suggest that we're an ABB tribute band. We play all orginals, we do the twin guitar thing though. It's meant as more of a tip of the hat.

devinw

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I don't see the ABBA thing really... I did actually kind of oddly pick up the sickle thing that Boomer saw as well.

It's nice though. I like it.

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
devinw said:
I don't see the ABBA thing really... I did actually kind of oddly pick up the sickle thing that Boomer saw as well.

It's nice though. I like it.
ABB and ABBA are more than one letter apart LOL!

CSR

Member since May 2000
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
"We gonna play the dozens.
Now the dozens is a game,
But the way I @@@@ yo mama
Is a @@@@@@@@@ shame."

Playin' the Dozens is an inner-city smack-talk game.

Uh....makes me think of ghetto culture.
I would expect explicit rap.

But that's just me.

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
CSR said:
Playin' the Dozens is an inner-city smack-talk game.
That's the first thing I thought of too, but if OP is playing at "The Wagon Wheel" or "Bob's Country Bunker" there in Alabama, I wouldn't be too worried about anyone expecting urban rap. :)

Re the design, it looks decent and usable. My only criticism is that the letters should be more consistent in their thickness at the sides versus the tops and bottoms. The D is thicker on the sides, the Z is thicker at top and bottom, the OEN are even thickness, and the S can't make up its mind. Also the E and N have an angular "heavy metal" shape that doesn't match the sort of Art Nouveau / Arabic swash of the other letters.

On the one

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I can dig it.... If the bass player doesn't agree and everyone else do agree, then roll with it he'll get over it.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice playing as well as the slide work and overall vibe........reminds me a little of ABB but the female singer was a nice touch.