Barton drum co drum bags!

freeflydawn

Reaction score
How soon is soon? :) I would definitely purchase a 24" bag if it were available.
I don't know- but pictures were just posted on facebook and instagram and it says coming soon! There's no price listed yet either but it matches the bags nicely. Looks like there are dividers in the main area of the bag and a separate hi-hat holder on the outside.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I don't know- but pictures were just posted on facebook and instagram and it says coming soon! There's no price listed yet either but it matches the bags nicely. Looks like there are dividers in the main area of the bag and a separate hi-hat holder on the outside.
I saw the photos on FB, which definitely piqued my interest.

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cymbal bag?
....with the pink fur?
Dang and I just got a new cymbal bag not too long ago.
...guess I’ll just have to get more cymbals....

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
My Barton bags arrived today. The analyst in me went over every stitch and part to find the characteristics that provide support of or detract from value. For mid range bags I could not find a single negative, especially for their price. If you are a weekend warrior of constantly busy locally, and do your own load ins and outs, you cannot beat the value. I'll be a repeat customer if the price point remains the same.

nopork

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see Barton is now offering 12” deep by 18” diameter bass drum bags.
I pretty much replaced all my mismatched bags with Barton’s and couldn’t be happier.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
I was trying to put together a set of 22x14, 12x8, 14x14, 16x16 and 14x6.5 bags today and was unable to find the pieces on Amazon, Reverb and Barton's own site. I was hoping to find everything on one place, but was unable to find the bags needed to put together the set from all three sources. I hope things are well and good with the company. If anyone knows of sources other than the ones that I checked please let me know.

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
I was trying to put together a set of 22x14, 12x8, 14x14, 16x16 and 14x6.5 bags today and was unable to find the pieces on Amazon, Reverb and Barton's own site. I was hoping to find everything on one place, but was unable to find the bags needed to put together the set from all three sources. I hope things are well and good with the company. If anyone knows of sources other than the ones that I checked please let me know.
Could be that the Covid pandemic has temporarily snarled up his supply line from China. I ordered a snare bag last week, hoping it arrives soon.

bartondrums

Reaction score
Almost here... Thanks for the support Dawn.

bartondrums

Reaction score
Probably should have said *obviously* not as nice as my PR bags (or Ahead — love those, too), because that wasn’t something I was ever expecting. Like saying “my new Honda isn’t as nice as a Porsche, but...”

These are perfectly functional with a good amount of padding, and they look way snazzier than a lot of bags that cost more, so big win.
Cool bags. I like the shoulder strap idea, though I do not like the handles being sewn independently from the strap that wraps completely around the bag. Thats a weak point that could come apart over time.

I ended up getting a big set of Road Runner Touring bags when Musicians Friend was having a sale. I got 10/12/12/14/16/22/24 and 2 14" snare bags for, I think, ~$250 shipped with all the deals.

Actually, Guitar Center is running a deal on Roadruner Touring bags right now: https://www.guitarcenter.com/Road-R...UsbzS5xh0y2VfotGu1R1INULmEkP1h3BoCgikQAvD_BwE

No shoulder straps like the Bartons, but the handles are integrated in the full circumference strap reducing the stress on the stitching.
You just let us know when your handle rips off.

Scottie15

Reaction score
You just let us know when your handle rips off.

Yikes... not the way most manufacturers speak about others.

I guess we can open the floodgates now. My take: there is absolutely ZERO chance I'd buy these bags over a set of Ahead Armor bags.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score

I guess we can open the floodgates now. My take: there is absolutely ZERO chance I'd buy these bags over a set of Ahead Armor bags.
The Ahead bags are better constructed IMHO, but at a much higher price point. I understand your stance, but that will not deter me from purchasing Barton bags. I own two sets and some stray bags and for the price and the quality, and the fact that I only gig locally, they are a sensible choice for me.

bpaluzzi

Reaction score

I read that as saying that the handle won't come off the _Barton_ bag, and that if they did, let him know (either sarcastically -- it won't ever happen, or legitimately -- we'll fix it if it does -- or both) :)

Skeet6

Reaction score
I read that as saying that the handle won't come off the _Barton_ bag, and that if they did, let him know (either sarcastically -- it won't ever happen, or legitimately -- we'll fix it if it does -- or both) :)
That's the way I read it, too.
I just purchased a 5x14 case, pretty ok but the foam in the top/lid is bunched up in the top portion between the fuzzy pink and outer layer from being jammed in the shipping box. I have tried "working" the foam back to where it is supposed to be, but it is still lumpy. Would probably be a nice case without that issue. Decent price point on these, but may not buy any more if I can't sort this one out.
Mike B

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm just trying to provide constructive criticism. At the price point, the Barton bags look very nice. I just know that drums are heavy, they swing around a lot when being carried and stitching can only handle so much stress. Its only a matter of time before a handle begins to break loose. Is that on day one? Likely no, but will a weekend warrior begin having problems a year or so from now? Maybe. Its certainly not out of the realm of possibility.