header.nohb.html

Barton drum co drum bags!

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
As mentioned above, I picked up a 22/13/16 for my new Summit kit. Sorry to be a downer but the 22 didn’t fit the case. It was very hard to get the drum into the bag. The 13 and 16 were fine.

Jazzhead

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have the 22/16/13 olive color and 20/14/12 blue color, no problems fitting them but they don’t have a loose fit for the bass drums.

Jazzhead

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This was on facebook today. A new series of Barton bags coming out soon. They look nice. Hopefully they'll be at the same price point as the blue and olive ones. I was just about to order another set for the Premier drums I just picked up but now will hold off until these are available.

View attachment 568358
View attachment 568365
Not bad, I think the olive brown pink version wins it all…

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Anyone know if the 22x14 bag can fit a 22x15 in it? My other bags have enough room in them to get another inch of depth but I wasn't sure if these were the same.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score
Anyone know if the 22x14 bag can fit a 22x15 in it? My other bags have enough room in them to get another inch of depth but I wasn't sure if these were the same.
I own a number of these bags. The bass drum ones seem to be tight in diameter, but a little more forgiving in depth. I would say, yes, it would accommodate an extra inch in depth.

Gunnellett

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
As mentioned above, I picked up a 22/13/16 for my new Summit kit. Sorry to be a downer but the 22 didn’t fit the case. It was very hard to get the drum into the bag. The 13 and 16 were fine.
I had the same issue with the bass drum for my 12, 14, 18 set. The padding/foam in between the layers of fabric for the cylindrical part of the 18" bag kept bunching up. It was aggravating. I will only use these bags to store the drums, not for gigging as it would be frustrating trying to shove the bass drum in the bag after a gig when you just want to pack and go. The 12 and 14 fit well.

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems. I used them last week as I have all my Slingerland sets in the olive brown ones (Gretsch in Blue, Premier in this new color hopefully). No fitment issues for my drums.
20220623_202147.jpg

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I had the same issue with the bass drum for my 12, 14, 18 set. The padding/foam in between the layers of fabric for the cylindrical part of the 18" bag kept bunching up. It was aggravating. I will only use these bags to store the drums, not for gigging as it would be frustrating trying to shove the bass drum in the bag after a gig when you just want to pack and go. The 12 and 14 fit well.
Exactly! The bunching up got me...

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine have arrived with the padding bunched up from being compressed for shipping but once I massage it all back into place it has stayed where it's supposed to be.

If price was no object I'd still go with Ahead bags or, more likely, Beato Pro 1, but price does often matter to me and within that parameter I'm really liking my Bartons.

They're better than any of the other bags within the same price tier...in my opinion.

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I own a number of these bags. The bass drum ones seem to be tight in diameter, but a little more forgiving in depth. I would say, yes, it would accommodate an extra inch in depth.

Okay, I figured they would have a little extra depth to accommodate T-handle tension rods or slightly deeper hoops, etc. But definetly no Mapex Saturn 3, Sonor Rocket Launcher or Ludwig Atlas brackets are going to fit in the case, correct?

KillinBill66

Reaction score
Mine have arrived with the padding bunched up from being compressed for shipping but once I massage it all back into place it has stayed where it's supposed to be.
Same here. Took some work, but it's all good now. I've bought 2 sets and numerous snare bags

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was on facebook today. A new series of Barton bags coming out soon. They look nice. Hopefully they'll be at the same price point as the blue and olive ones. I was just about to order another set for the Premier drums I just picked up but now will hold off until these are available.

View attachment 568358
View attachment 568365
May I be the first to say

Oo la la!

Treviso1

DFO Star
Reaction score
I bought several drumset bags and a bunch of snare drum bags. He was very easy to deal with and has been blowing these cases out recently for very cheap.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Surprised you're not into the Beato Pro 1s.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll try your method next time. That probably will make a difference.

I hate bags, swore I'd never buy any....but bought some blue Barton's because of the price and figured I'd use them when I had to. Some gigs I can't wheel a cart and have to carry my drums and bags are easier for sure. Like others said the padding bunched up on me at first but seems to have settled after a few gigs. Also putting the bag over the drum instead of the drum in the bag is the only way to go with the bass drum. Even then the first few tries didn't work. All good now and my back is happy.