Bass drum beaters to fit older Iron cobra

1988fxlr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’ve finally got around to trying to dial in an older Tama Iron Cobra double pedal to suit the feel I prefer. The last step is swapping the flat headed felt stock beaters for more traditional sized wood. I have about six old wood beaters around that fit all my other pedals (speed king, dw, yamaha, etc) so it seems like Tama must have used a proprietary size. I know I could just drill the collar out but I still don’t have two matching beaters anyway so I was wondering if anyone knows a brand of cylindrical wood beaters they can confirm fit the Tama. The cheaper the better. Thanks

dtk

DFO Star
Reaction score
I think i have older ICs...and I have a collection of beaters...I'll let you know if I have anything/pairs that work....FWIW...I think i have one working with the new Vic Firth beater....which i like a lot

Soulfinger

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Oh, interesting thread... I have an old Tama Flexi Flyer that has the same issue. The only beater small enough belonged to an equally old Yamaha pedal that I sold some time ago. Looking forward to any ideas!

thejohnlec

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
How old is your IC? I have a newer IC100 that I love and I’m using a DW JR Robinson beater that fits really well. It’s the flat style that you are avoiding (comes with interchangeable wood and felt), but it’s interesting that you can’t fit a DW on yours.

1988fxlr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I would guess mine is about twenty years old. I got it off a friend who started drumming around 1998 and stopped after high school in 2005. So somewhere in that window.

1988fxlr

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Took a shot on ordering a gibraltar sc-3262 beater to try, which is their cheapest wood beater. It fits so gibraltar is probably a safe bet for older tamas.