Bass Drum Head Design? Round two

Which design do I use on my bass drum head?

• Option 1

• Option 2

• Option 3

• Option 4

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheJay

Reaction score
Very many of you have kindly voted in my previous thread and consequently I have tweaked the designs.

Please bare with me and let me know your thoughts again.

To reiterate, this kit is a combination of hybrid acoustic with dampening and triggers along with Roland pads and real-feel cymbals. It will be used at home and is purely a personal kit, which is being digitally wrapped using exactly the same texture that features in some of my designs.

Option 1
PCXxpZC.png

Option 2
h2IDs1C.png

Option 3
DgzkRB7.png

Option 4
FionJ9y.png

Thank you.

TheJay

Reaction score
Thanks for your votes, please keep them coming.

TheJay

Reaction score
Thank you for your detailed insight.

TheJay

Reaction score
The results so far are interesting.

Seb77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I likes the old "waves" one better, I think it didn't have the drumstick idea. That one was seriously good, classic, sort of a Yin/Yang vibe.

TheJay

Reaction score
I likes the old "waves" one better, I think it didn't have the drumstick idea. That one was seriously good, classic, sort of a Yin/Yang vibe.
Hey Seb, where did you see that? I can't find it in my Imgur account.

Seb77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Oh, this one?
Yes, not sure which one I preferred, 2 or 3, but the one that got the most votes in the first poll.
In the end, it's about what you like best.

Cool way of integrating letters S and H (if I remember correctly). I once tried something similar with S and C, not easy.

TheJay

Reaction score
It looks like the same design has consistently got the same votes in both polls despite there being other options available in the respective poll, with some changes being specific to feedback given.

I'm still really struggling with the decision.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
Need to see the kit color but #3. A head in the entire #3 blue color would be sweet for my vintage Sky Blue Pearl kit!

Ron_M

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My suggestion is #3, but pull the tip of the stick in a bit, so that it doesn't interrupt the outer blue border.

TheJay

Reaction score
Need to see the kit color but #3. A head in the entire #3 blue color would be sweet for my vintage Sky Blue Pearl kit!
This texture is copyrighted by the person who created it and has printed the digital wrap. This is what it looks like.

TheJay

Reaction score
Experimenting with size, I am concerned by how this is coming out based on someone elses' feedback previously on the signature style image and reference to Youtube.

Seb77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Not sure, the bent drumsticks could be interpreted as phallus-like. People are very sensitive to things like that these days.
I'm no graphic designer, but I would use the design from post #9, make the lines parallel and be done.

TheJay

Reaction score
Seb, you are right. Someone else had already made me aware of that issue with another design. I'm really struggling to get the shapes absolutely parallel. I think you are saying that the ends of the shape should not taper?

Latest posts