Bass drum mount ride stands

JimmySticks

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like your mount. It has a nice sleek look to it and the angle is cool to.

Mine is a Gibraltar and it's really well built and looks pretty good to. The BD mount really keeps my bop set up nice and compact. I'm a fan.

16219078341747686397051979859600.jpg
16219078705674033620068608518060.jpg

6topher

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have one on every kit I own. If I bought a $3,000 new kit that didn't have one, I'd drill it for one immediately.

cribbon

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer having my ride mounted on the bass drum. I have two flavors: flying it from either the Pearl twin tom receiver or the extra receiver in the Tama center tom post:

2019-10-19-Alibis006.JPG

IMG_9483.JPG

2020-03-08-GoshenFarmBenefit003.JPG

Drumbumcrumb

Reaction score
My favorite setup ever. Nothing better than a small(er) kit with a ride flying from the bass drum. It’s ergonomically perfect AND it inspires a particular kind of vibe. With a perfectly crashable ride on there, and a smooth set of hats - that’s all she wrote. Thus begins the journey for that thing rarer than unicorn tears: the holy grail small ride that is at once the ideal crash and the ideal ride, with a beautiful bell. Does it exist? Idk. But the search continues.

1988fxlr

Reaction score
My favorite setup ever. Nothing better than a small(er) kit with a ride flying from the bass drum. It’s ergonomically perfect AND it inspires a particular kind of vibe. With a perfectly crashable ride on there, and a smooth set of hats - that’s all she wrote. Thus begins the journey for that thing rarer than unicorn tears: the holy grail small ride that is at once the ideal crash and the ideal ride, with a beautiful bell. Does it exist? Idk. But the search continues.
Keep yourself open to looking at big crashes that ride well too, my favorite “ride” is one from a pair of old 22” a zildjian orchestral crashes

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have the DW BD cymbal mount on the shell of my 18/12/14 stave bop kit. Sturdy, works great and love the retro look but I don't use it in the studio. With a wide open BD it sends vibrations to the front head which produces a very low volume hum at most timings. It's easier to just use a cymbal stand.

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have the DW BD cymbal mount on the shell of my 18/12/14 stave bop kit. Sturdy, works great and love the retro look but I don't use it in the studio. With a wide open BD it sends vibrations to the front head which produces a very low volume hum at most timings. It's easier to just use a cymbal stand.
I know that hum ...... !

Do you remember the Eric Clapton "Unplugged" album many years back? I can hear that droning sympathetic hum on several of the tracks. Live ...... I just don't care, but with an open close mic on the rack tom it can get annoying.

Mike

Tommy D

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I had one on my DW kit. Didn't like it. Ride cymbal bounced around too much, I couldn't position the cymbal to exactly where I wanted it so it always felt like a compromise. I would rather use a dedicated stand.

Old Drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I started out with an L arm on a 60s' Ludwig bass drum that was a pain. No matter how much I tightened it, the stand and thus the cymbal would fall over.

Now I have a stand that attaches to my rack tom mount that works fine, and I far prefer to mount a cymbal on the bass instead of setting up a separate stand. However, the bass drum mount has to work--and not all of them do.

1988fxlr

Reaction score
While they’re being discussed, does anybody know of a company making a cymbal L arm shorter than the short pearl one? Its about 12” from bracket to cymbal washer. Ideally I’d like to be around 9”. Also needs to be fairly sturdy for a 24” ride

bassanddrum84

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
While they’re being discussed, does anybody know of a company making a cymbal L arm shorter than the short pearl one? Its about 12” from bracket to cymbal washer. Ideally I’d like to be around 9”. Also needs to be fairly sturdy for a 24” ride
I made one out of a dw boom arm