Bass Drum Pedal Collection, Any Other Collectors Out There?

Fungus Amungus

Reaction score
That's an insane collection.
I just wish I could find one of the old Sonor bass drum pedals from the early 70's. For whatever reason, I could play anything I wanted on that pedal. This one:
Hey Ron, I have one of these...might have a couple, if you're still looking. Will see what I paid for it & turn it for that...actually have all the Top Shelf Sonor Pedals from the 70's until now. My Fav is the Single Post Horst Link that the JoJo Pedal was designed from, it's still the Best Pedal Sonor EVER Made...it's INSANE!

Also wanted to say that Mystery Pedal/Hardware, looks much like a 50's-early 60's Sonor Gear I saw Pics of, will see if I can find'em

Fungus Amungus

Reaction score
Hey Ron, I have one of these...might have a couple, if you're still looking. Will see what I paid for it & turn it for that...actually have all the Top Shelf Sonor Pedals from the 70's until now. My Fav is the Single Post Horst Link that the JoJo Pedal was designed from, it's still the Best Pedal Sonor EVER Made...it's INSANE!

Also wanted to say that Mystery Pedal/Hardware, looks much like a 50's-early 60's Sonor Gear I saw Pics of, will see if I can find'em
If you liked the Speed King, the Sonor is basically the same thing. Compression Spring Concept routed thru the Posts, but think the Sonor goes further with Clock type Coil Spring in each of the Horizontal Shaft Braces, sorta like the Ludy Ghost Pedal and New Dixon, which is a VERY COOL PEDAL!

sazemanek1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Is the leedy Ludwig XL a different pedal than the leedy XL? I can't read the pedal board.
View attachment 397310
Hi, Look at what I wrote at the bottom of my updated flier. Let me know what you think. Here's some back and forth I had with someone about Leedy and Leedy & Ludwig
%22Looking For%22.jpg

Steve Bleakley Bleakley I’ve never seen an XL in anything other than Leedy. I have a couple of the Leedy & Ludwig Speed pedals. Assuming you already have examples of those? Actually the Speed is the only pedal I’ve seen specifically marked Leedy & Ludwig.

Hide or report this

Steve Zemanek Zemanek Thank you. Me too. I was wondering if that was the case with anyone else, thats why I mentioned it on the flier. Yes, I do have a Leedy & Ludwig Speed.

Steve Bleakley Bleakley I think after the merger Conn had a ton of Leedy XL pedals so most kits were shipped with those. My L&L kit came with one. Speaking of grabbing whatever parts they had on hand, the snare wires on my Broadway New Era are stamped Leedy on one end and Leedy & Ludwig on the other.

Steve Zemanek Zemanek Hi, Just got back to this. Have you ever seen a Leedy (and I'm quite sure there was no Leedy / Ludwig version) Reversible? I have a the catalog page from Leedy & Ludwig that shows a Reversible. Can you tell me anything about the Reversible? SAZ

No photo description available.

Steve Bleakley Bleakley I’ve never seen one. I’d imagine they didn’t sell all that many.

rock roll

Reaction score
Curious. Are there any modern pedals that you like to play?
I haven't played many new pedals. I do have a couple regular dual chain Gibraltar pedals that I like , a Tama iron cobra and a Tama speed cobra I think it's called (which I traded for) but it's a bitch to take off the bass drum, it always seems to take 10 minutes to work its way off . (So it's my backup pedal).
I would ask for recommendations on new pedals but new pedals are very expensive and I wouldn't pay that much.
I'd rather use a premier 252 .
What do you use?

Latest posts