Bass drum pedal lubricant

hector48

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a lubricant recommendation for my Pearl Eliminator double bass drum pedal.
It comes with "ninja oil" which is used for the bearings.

The Pearl manual says to lubricate the stainless steel heel plate hinge, but doesn't suggest what to use.
I also want to lube the drive shaft, and joints at the tension spring.
I often hear "don't use WD40" as it's not a lubricant.
I was thinking of using white lithium grease, but it's a little thick to get into small parts, and may collect dust.
At the same time, a pure liquid lube could get real messy with dripping.

What to use?
Thanks.

Dave HCV

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’ve been using white lithium grease for many years. Getting it all the right places can be tricky, but it works over time due to its higher viscosity compared to oil.

lrod1707

DFO Master
Reaction score
Lucas gun oil! You can use it on anything. It just works! Just go to Amazon or any site and read the reviews. You can get the traditional one or in grease form. I've never tried the grease one but I'm including both pictures. Also, if you go to the Lucas oil website, you can read specifics about the products. By the way, it's either liquid or grease. I yet to find anything in between. Whatever you use just put a couple of drops and let it set on it's own and you'll be good. I wouldn't use any spray stuff!
Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 10.27.42 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 10.29.16 PM.png

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Tri-Flow spray for bicycle chains and drum pedals.
White lithium grease for drum hardware wingnut threads and tension rods.

Don't overdo it! A light film of either one and you're good for 2 or 3 years. Wipe away any excess.

PressRoll

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a bottle of DuPont Multi-Use Lube with teflon and it works great! I used white lithium up until I found this.

d4e38df5-df2b-4548-917b-957ea508a9ea_1.2c7233be79d44f2234df7382cbe81f62.jpeg

Vicey

Reaction score
Anything wrong with using three-in-one oil? I can get other products, I just have three-in-one sitting around. Too close to WD40?

trommel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
K-Y Jelly! Not too good on homemade biscuits, but it can help you in ways that ...... well it can !

Buffalo_drummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried this?
I use 3 in 1 PTFE on my threads and pedals. I stay away from grease, it's a little messier and attracts dirt in my experience.

Latest posts