Bass drum spurs for vintage Ludwig 16” marching snare conversion

owr

Reaction score
Its an old drum, 16” x 12”, wood hoops but they are not wide enough for the newer dw clip on spurs. Maybe some danmars will work, but not opposed to drilling the shell, it’s not that nice.

Anyone got something vintage-y sitting around?

Thanks

nikkofan

Reaction score
Its an old drum, 16” x 12”, wood hoops but they are not wide enough for the newer dw clip on spurs. Maybe some danmars will work, but not opposed to drilling the shell, it’s not that nice.

Thanks

Thanks
What is the depth of the hoop? How much hoop do you need for the DW clamp on?
Thanks,
skramer

owr

Reaction score
The hoops are 1 & 1/8th” thick, 1.5” total with the head collar. I bought a set of the new DWs, they’re real nice but tightened all the way down we’re a good 1/4” too wide still. I already returned them so don’t have exact measurements.

Cowbell holders are a good idea Joe, though at $20 a pop I could get some new danmar clip ons for the same price, basically the same thing. I’m being extra cheap with this project for some reason, the drum itself was pretty inexpensive, just trying to keep it that way.

nikkofan

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I want to uses a 17" Ludwig tenor drum with calf heads. I acquired it from the local high school storage locker dump day. The wood hoop is about 1"deep. Does anyone have any insight on the DW Kickstand?
Thanks,
nikkofan
61XTp+EoqFL._SY679_.jpg

owr

Reaction score
Hopefully less than $40 :)

DCP has some danmars on reverb that are currently 15% off, might just grab those if nothing shakes out in the next few days.

How much are you looking to spend for two complete spurs?

nikkofan

Reaction score
I tried every available option to avoid drilling the shell.
necessity is the mother of invention 3" C clamp

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Nikko - killer idea!

OP: There is a guy in San Diego on Reverb - he has a ton of cheap parts (lot of MIJ) and I've seen cheap bass drum spurs.

I recently picked up (not from that guy) Gibraltar spurs for about $30 online - I was able to swap out without drilling on my Gretsch USA kit (why, oh WHY, did someone put those on that kit!!!!), but it would be pretty easy to do. I bought these (not from Amazon) and they were $30 shipped:

https://www.amazon.com/Gibraltar-SC-BS4-Professional-Spurs-Bracket/dp/B0002H05CE

I think they also do a vintage style with disappearing spurs for $23.......

https://www.amazon.com/Gibraltar-SC-BS2-Bass-Spurs-Bracket/dp/B0002F6WCS

Latest posts