"BATTERY" Metallica

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I' m sure you'll change your mind after this comes out....if it's good enough for Lars....

bt
She did a cover of The Cranberries' 'Zombie' the other day, and it wasn't half bad.

Between her going rock and Post Malone absolutely killing it with a Nirvana tribute show, is rock on the way back in? I mean, they need to do some originals and everything, but it's a good sign. If rock does come back, it won't be from where anyone expects it.

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
She did a cover of The Cranberries' 'Zombie' the other day, and it wasn't half bad.

Between her going rock and Post Malone absolutely killing it with a Nirvana tribute show, is rock on the way back in? I mean, they need to do some originals and everything, but it's a good sign. If rock does come back, it won't be from where anyone expects it.
And speaking of that, I came across this the other day.

Lady Gaga and Metallica. She's the real deal. I know it was on the Grammys and everything...but I don't watch that sort of thing...so it was new to me!

Cauldronics

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Maybe not from where you’re thinking, either.

I think rock is coming back due to the “reaction” videos on youtube which are exposing rock to generations and different cultures of people who apparently had never heard much rock before. If you look at the numbers of people who viewed these videos, it can range from a few thousand to millions, and there’s no shortage of people making reaction videos. For some of them, it amounts to their full time job and pays well. Others are in it more to explore music they’ve never heard.

The prime example of why some pop stars are converting to rock would be a reaction video to Phil Collins‘ “In the Air Tonight” which caused a huge boost in sales for PC and made that song chart again after 30+ years.

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe not from where you’re thinking, either.

I think rock is coming back due to the “reaction” videos on youtube which are exposing rock to generations and different cultures of people who apparently had never heard much rock before. If you look at the numbers of people who viewed these videos, it can range from a few thousand to millions, and there’s no shortage of people making reaction videos. For some of them, it amounts to their full time job and pays well. Others are in it more to explore music they’ve never heard.
Yeah, those Lost In Vegas guys are killing it on views.

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Battery is ok, not my favorite but I like it.

After Master of Puppets I lost interest in Metallica. JFA was a turning point and their stuff became.. pretty homogenized, fat and happy, not the lean and hungry their material was prior. I was a long haired dirtbag when Kill 'em all came out and immediately gravitated to it.

Once a band gets big and popular something too often changes.

tillerva

Forum Guru...yeh right :p
Reaction score
Killer tune. The mix always bugged me on that album, too muddy. I really loved the classical intro on that and Ride the Lightning.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Battery is ok, not my favorite but I like it.

After Master of Puppets I lost interest in Metallica. JFA was a turning point and their stuff became.. pretty homogenized, fat and happy, not the lean and hungry their material was prior. I was a long haired dirtbag when Kill 'em all came out and immediately gravitated to it.

Once a band gets big and popular something too often changes.
Cliff Burton was the irreplaceable heart and soul of Metallica.

Squirrel Man

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cliff Burton was the irreplaceable heart and soul of Metallica.
I still have the VHS tape of "Cliff 'em all", a pre MTV tape recording they released of off shoots and bootleg stuff.

I'm sure it's worth tens of thousands of bucks now, along with my Green Jello (not Green Jelly) VHS of "Cereal Killer".