BD Lift that isn't Gibralter, Dixson or DW for a 16" drum?

kallen49

Reaction score
i use the Gibraltar SC-BDPM on a wood hoop 16” bass drum, (tom conversion),
I had to cut a small divot in the wood hoop to get it to fit properly (get beater close enough to the batter),
I bought the above mentioned Tama Classic pedal because of the height adjustment feature and like it so much I sold my DW9000. It’s a great pedal (but not manufactured as robustly, if I was on the road I’d bring three)
I use DW hoop mounted spurs but swapped out the very light DW spurs for 12 mm Dunnett gull wing spurs which add weight & height (not excessive weight but adds stability and allows the resonant hoop to be about 2” higher than the batter hoop which I find neccessary to get the pedal flat on the floor)
This drum sounds great with Evans emad heads specific for 16” wood hoops.

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The DW is still the most easy and solid one to use. Although it doesn’t have memorylocks so position once and leave it.

But indeed rugged build too.

For wood hoops you can use a DW clamp that clamps around bassdrum hoops icm with the Dunnett R Class kit:
1603534091720.jpeg

1603534039949.jpeg

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I gig with the Sonor lift once a month and practice with it once a week for 2-3 hours. Hasn't failed me yet, I highly recommend.

wolfereeno

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gig with the Sonor lift once a month and practice with it once a week for 2-3 hours. Hasn't failed me yet, I highly recommend.
Thx! What do you use to attach it to the drum? One of the hoop clamps?

ZiggyM

Reaction score
This is interesting. Never saw it before. Is it laterally stable? Seems like it could collapse if pushed although maybe the pedal keeps that from happening?
I have one of the original German made Sonor ' jungle kits ' which came with this lift.
Never had any problems, in fact I can't remember having to adjust it. Solid and reliable