Be safe and stay in the groove! (NO clapping on 1 & 3!)

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I need something to lift my spirits these days.

How about we post what we are up to on the drums (or whatever) these days.
I was teaching on-line today and after I finished I fooled around with the Yamaha EAD and made a little recording.
I would love to hear some little clips from you folks. Just use your phone or tablet or whatever.

Old PIT Guy

Reaction score
I made space in the junk pile room this AM for a practice kit with Remo Silent Stroke heads and quiet cymbals. I hate the SS on the snare so I use an old moon gel pad, and I equally dislike the hi-hat so I put a towel over some Ufip hats. Still getting used to the bouncy bass drum head. I'm surprised only a couple guys have posted? Bombs away!

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I made space in the junk pile room this AM for a practice kit with Remo Silent Stroke heads and quiet cymbals. I hate the SS on the snare so I use an old moon gel pad, and I equally dislike the hi-hat so I put a towel over some Ufip hats. Still getting used to the bouncy bass drum head. I'm surprised only a couple guys have posted? Bombs away!

Great hands and smooth playing sir!

Old PIT Guy

Reaction score
Great hands and smooth playing sir!
You're very kind, thank you! I'm just glad to be playing again. 25 year break and then two failed comebacks - First an RSI in my left hand and then Carpal Tunnel in my right. I'm over vigilant for tension in my hands and that makes my approach tentative, which is not at all my thing.

halldorl

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You're very kind, thank you! I'm just glad to be playing again. 25 year break and then two failed comebacks - First an RSI in my left hand and then Carpal Tunnel in my right. I'm over vigilant for tension in my hands and that makes my approach tentative, which is not at all my thing.
I especially noticed your left hand. Very relaxed grip and fluent playing. Great you’re back behind the drums!

FloydZKing

fire bad!
Reaction score
Here's what I did this week, Brian Wilson's "Cry." You hear a Yamaha Clavinova, a Fanner Exosphere tenor ukulele, a Squier P-Bass and a Jenkins-Martin 20/12/14 set with a Ludwig LM306 bronze snare. It's all multi-tracked home recording on a Tascam DP-32SD - no 'puters. I do everything myself on these, even though my capabilities are rather limited on vocals and instruments other than drums. (You're welcome for these being covers of great songs and not my horrid originals.) My sig line links to my YT channel with 50+ more.

Kcmcc

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My playing has been pretty meh, recently, both cause the overarching tension of the current situation is creeping its way into me, but also because I'm practicing stuff I . . . Need practice on. but I shut the metronome off and just played a real simple groove for a little while, recorded about 5 minutes worth and it sounded ok. Somewhat inspired by Al Jackson's groove from Al Green's "Driving Wheel"