Bearing Edge Snare

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
That's a steal for that gorgeous drum. I think that you will regret selling her once she's gone!

papajo2

Reaction score
Thanks Tre...I'm already having second thoughts.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Wow. Whatever happened to Kevin Pinson ?
Kevin is around and you can find him on FB. He's building his great wood hoop drums again and doing great. No one does better veneers than Kevin. His drums are masterpieces.

papajo2

Reaction score
The shell is a six-ply Keller with no re rings. I believe the wood hoops are olive and the finish is Bubinga. It came with a Nickel strainer but I think I put a brass Dunnett on it. I have both. The snares are brass, as they came with them.

purity

Reaction score
Kevin is around and you can find him on FB. He's building his great wood hoop drums again and doing great. No one does better veneers than Kevin. His drums are masterpieces.
That's great news to hear. I remember drooling over his drums years ago and never knew what happened to the company. Is he still going under the Bearing Edge name or something else?

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
there WAS a whole kit fs in Ont a few months ago for a long time, but the ad never confirmed it sold, and it finally disappeared. They seem like very decent drums

jskdrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor & work the brass pole before selling this snare ;-) I worked @ West LA Music before they closed & the 2 they had there were easily the best snares in the room...among many!

papajo2

Reaction score
Thanks, bonzo. Same as my 5x14! Still no nibbles at 450. I think I might keep it.

papajo2

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor & work the brass pole before selling this snare ;-) I worked @ West LA Music before they closed & the 2 they had there were easily the best snares in the room...among many!
Thanks jsk. It is a fine drum and as I said, I'm now leaning towards keeping her.

brhythm

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Here's mine. I'm glad to hear he's doing well. There were some issues in the past; I wish him the best. Papajo2, does yours have veneer on the inside too? Mine does; I ordered it that way.