Beatles Get Back DVD Available

K.O.

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it exclusive to that site or will Amazon and Wal-Mart have it too? I can't imagine they wouldn't want it available everywhere.

hsosdrum

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do people still buy DVDs??
Of course we do (I myself ordered Get Back on Blu-ray.). Why would anyone want a giant corporation like Disney to be in control of what media they can view and when they can (or can no longer) view it? With physical media you get to watch or listen to what you want whenever you want, and no big corporation can take it away from you.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
I want this part of my collection ... To be able to watch Ringo stare at the ceiling or Yoko sort her mail any time I want is really priceless.

Surely, there will soon be a limited Disney Vault release with even more scenes of smoking, fixing tea and moving amps and microphones.

yetanotherdrummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I want this part of my collection ... To be able to watch Ringo stare at the ceiling or Yoko sort her mail any time I want is really priceless.

Surely, there will soon be a limited Disney Vault release with even more scenes of smoking, fixing tea and moving amps and microphones.
At least they are not posting inane musings on a drum forum.

dsop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Is it exclusive to that site or will Amazon and Wal-Mart have it too? I can't imagine they wouldn't want it available everywhere.

Reaction score
Of course we do (I myself ordered Get Back on Blu-ray.). Why would anyone want a giant corporation like Disney to be in control of what media they can view and when they can (or can no longer) view it? With physical media you get to watch or listen to what you want whenever you want, and no big corporation can take it away from you.
I think gutenberg was implying why people still buy DVD over Blu-ray.

ThomFloor

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Any historian will tell you we are or would be in real trouble if everything in history were just digital.
Look at the hacks and loss of digital archives. Sure physical ones lost as well.
It seems the trick is keeping instrumentation stick around to read older archived info. But that is the same issue for digital.
Sure is a hassle finding something to read a floppy disk from 1989.

Reaction score
Actually, I was implying since everything is streaming or downloadable nowadays, are DVDs becoming dinosaurs?
That is correct. Physical media is dying a slow death.

I have Amazon Prime, and the prices they want to "buy" some movies is no cheaper (and sometimes more) than it would cost to buy it on Blu-ray (DVD should cease to exist, but that's another arguement for another day). Why would I pay for something that can be removed at any time and for any reason, when I can have the disc and watch it whenever I want?

I do see some benefits of streaming (I hate it when I buy a film/TV show and the disc is damaged fresh out of the sealed case, and I'm quickly running out of shelf space), but I am a big proponent of physical media for the reasons hsosdrum has stated.

mtarrani

DFO Star
Reaction score

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

here rinse palette
begin at 21:25.. full screen please

George Harrison and band

Last edited: