Beatles Sullivan Drumhead w/ Hoop Surround Display

sevenskins

Reaction score
For sale is one of my hand-painted 20" Beatles "Sullivan Show" drumheads with full drum hoop and hardware surround. The hoop is trimmed with 60's OBP. The depth of this display is approximately 3" and comes with a picture hanging wire affixed to the back. The drumhead has a vintage finish exactly matching the patina on the original Sullivan drumhead as it appears today. All t-rods and claws are of vintage 60's design, along with the drum anchor. Each display is serial numbered and comes with an LOA.

This drumhead is exactly the same as the ones (all seven) that I was commissioned to paint for Ringo to replace his missing original drop-T's for installation on his original Ludwig Beatle drum kits.

I can also do any of the other 6 drop-T drumheads in their historical size with the full hoop surround. Regular retail on this item is $390.00, but at this time for any DrumForum member, the price will be $50.00 off for a retail of $340.00 plus shipping.

Sincerely,
Russ Lease

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

squidart

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exceptionall work Russ! I design typefaces and many years ago was an assistant to an accomplished sign painter. I know hand lettering is an art unto itself. Thanks for keeping it alive!
Dave

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I saw these on Gary Astridge's Ringo Beatle kits site. That would make a great addition to my drum room. Can you provide a little more detail, or perhaps a photo, showing the mechanism for hanging this on a wall. Is it simply picture wire spanning the entire hoop or is there some other hardware involved?

sevenskins

Reaction score
I saw these on Gary Astridge's Ringo Beatle kits site. That would make a great addition to my drum room. Can you provide a little more detail, or perhaps a photo, showing the mechanism for hanging this on a wall. Is it simply picture wire spanning the entire hoop or is there some other hardware involved?
Hi Cochlea,
Yes, it is a simple picture hanging wire connected on the back to the right and left side of the hoop about 2" above the center line. The wire is connected to two screw heads. You would hang it just like a picture frame.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool! Is the head hollow in back or is it filled and finished (like with a dust cover)? Thanks.