Beato Pro 1

covinasurf

Reaction score
Wow, didn’t know the Beato bags were that popular. All my gigging drums go in Tuxedo bags. Beat them up and H&B will fix them free. I sent them 3 a while back, one with a split seam, one with the zipper seam coming apart and one I asked for a zipper replacement. Zipper wasn’t broken I just wanted the newer zipper, a whopping 11 bucks for that. The one with the zipper seam coming loose got a new zipper as well, n/c.

drums1225

Reaction score
I gradually replaced all my Anvil cases with Beato Pro 1 bags, and it's the best thing I could have done. I lucked out while scanning Craigslist. A local guy was selling a bunch for his father in law. I bought every size that was even close to my drums. I have enough to house two of my kits and couldn't recommend them more highly. I've purchased a few new ones, but most of mine are used.

bigbeat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow, didn’t know the Beato bags were that popular. All my gigging drums go in Tuxedo bags. Beat them up and H&B will fix them free. I sent them 3 a while back, one with a split seam, one with the zipper seam coming apart and one I asked for a zipper replacement. Zipper wasn’t broken I just wanted the newer zipper, a whopping 11 bucks for that. The one with the zipper seam coming loose got a new zipper as well, n/c.
I never knew that. Thanks.

Drumbumcrumb

Reaction score
I've told this story before here but years ago my 24x14 Beato Pro 1 case was stored in my friend's basement and his stupid cat peed on it. I figured it was ruined because of the cat pee smell and all so I left it out on my deck in the PNW winter rain for a week or so as a last ditch effort to save it. The interior stayed bone dry and the smell went away enough to use it again. I still use that case all the time. Amazing.
Unfortunately he’s been attacked by feral dogs at several gigs, but the drums are pristine!

doubleroll

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Best soft bags I ever owned. Still use an old late 80’s or early 90’s cymbal bag. Agree with the advice to call Fred for sizing help…

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
For me, no. Their tight fit is problematic for me. I prefer Ahead bags. Sure the Beato 1's are heftier, code for more protective, but I always struggle to get my drums in them if they have mounts. Since I always cart my own gear, the Aheads just work with plenty of room.
Dan - the cool thing about Beato is you can call Fred and tell him what mounts you are running. If you tell him you are running RIMMS or something like that he'll make the bags oversized.

LOL - naturally I read everyone else telling you the same thing.

To the OP - I have Beato Pro I that are over 20 years old - they look and perform like new. Fred lives around the corner from me so I can just pick them up at his house. :)

Jeff

cruddola

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quality bags are great ONLY if YOU are doing the loading and unloading of YOUR gear. Great for occasional gigs. Full time gigging? Forget it. I had everything in bags AND placed inside hard cases like Anvil, Calzone, Viking or Olympic road cases. Mighty expensive and the best investment. When I started to gig full time my cases cost more than twice the cost of the drums kept inside! But I NEVER, EVER arrived with broken or busted gear. I went through over thirty kits in almost four decades and only bought my road cases ONCE! The largest ones had four-inch casters. Pile and strap down the smaller ones on top. Even my 30 pound dental stool/throne had it's own case. All were lockable and I ran multiple Kryptonite cables and locks through all of them back stage. If someone's gonna steal a case, they're gonna have to take them all and the anchor point has to be defeated. I look for large railing, pillars, posts, conduit or plumbing to secure the cases to. I still have them. I haven't gigged in almost half a decade and still have a complete 7-piece Yamaha Tour Custom kit ready to go at a moment's notice and loaded in the van that has a rear 1-ton lift gate and another on the curb side. Never know when that special phone call comes that'll change this old dude's mind. The last time I got that special call I had FedEx come pick them up the next morning. I met my drums in Belfast two days later for the gig two days after that. Couldn't have done that with bagged gear. Again bagged gear is great if you are the one loading and unloading them. I've used them back when I only had a car and they served their purpose. I've always carried only my gear, nobody else's. Didn't want that liability or responsibility. There's absolutely nothing worse than to show up to a gig with busted and broken gear. Bags can't guarantee it as well as hard cases or road cases. Sorry, gym bags and pillow-cases don't cut it. I seen so many musicians, especially drummers that have arrived to a gig with damaged gear. The whole band pays the deficit and the performance suffers. Busted gear sucks! Killed me that some would take their only kit, a boutique drumkit, without any protection than a blanket, pillow-case, towels, clothing, etc. I know a guy who had his icebell wrapped in one of his mom's old bras. Pathetic! My sister had her fancy Korg inside a bagged case and showed up with it busted on a corner. We were the next band up. Someone decided to put it else where. Unplayable. We lost the gig and 800 bucks apiece. Your gear is only as good as the cases they're in and only as good as the person or persons loading and unloading them. If you're gonna use bags, don't put your prized kit in them. Buy yourself a suicide kit for gigging only. Leave your boutique kit at home. Drop the girlfriend, boyfriend, booze and drugs for a month and get proper protection for your tools of the trade.

Last edited: