Beautiful Noble and Cooley snare coming to Drummer’s Hangout

R

RickP

7BE4668B-A03C-4B0A-8E5A-D4E7842EED57.jpeg
Just saw a post from Noble and Cooley that this beautiful Tulipwood shell is being built and will be shipped to Drummer’s Hangout in the next couple weeks .
I own a Tulipwood snare that I got from Drums2112 (Mark) and I love it . This one has the nicest grain I have ever seen on a Tulipwood snare .

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This is just stupid beautiful. These guys make it so hard to sell this stuff...I wish I was not a drummer LOL !

R

RickP

How does tulip compare to maple? Looking to get a 14x7 in either wood...
Tulipwood has a thicker attack than maple , less articulate than maple . The differences are slight though . Both woods are sensitive enough for brushes and make excellent backbeat snares . Forum Member Murat and I went through about twenty snares and the Tulipwood was consistently our favourite . I have a 5” maple and a 5” Tulipwood and I would be hard pressed to choose between the two .

phdamage

Reaction score
resurrecting this older thread - how about volume/projection? I love my N&C SS Maple and it's one of few wood snares that seems loud enough for me.

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have cut a lot of firewood in my day. About ten years ago I ran into a job where a half dozen massive Tulip tree had be fell, some 3-3.5 foot at the base. I had to buy a new saw to even cut through them, a Shindaiwa 757. I thought splitting the rounds up was going to be a serious challenge but surprisingly an couple of well place sacks with a maul and these massive rounds popped right open. It was the the straightest grained wood I have see, very odd heft to it. It had beautiful purple and metallic blue heartwood that gave off a fairly unpleasant smell. I thought it would be useless to burn but ended up burning extremely well. It was light, the moisture content was low and I used it as kindling and early and late season fires for years.
746CC02B-256C-4442-AA78-9E257D86CA83.jpeg

Latest posts