header.nohb.html

Beautiful Rogers Kit

delco

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
wonder what it would be if the bass was 18"? :shock:

delco said:
wonder what it would be if the bass was 18"? :shock:

If the kit were exactly as shown, but with an 18" bass drum, it would be owned by a nice lady back East. It would be offered for an opening bid of $10,000, and Buy It Now of $12,000.

GrandpaCleve

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks very much! I've had this set for a long time and will not see the likes of it again if sold. Some interesting emails from Rogers folk all around the globe on this one. As seen in The Rogers Book 2nd ed. page 98 top left...I don't have 2 of them. Rare bird! Peace, Gary

supraphonic

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've got the same kit but minus the wood dyna best drum kit i've ever owned/played.

GrandpaCleve

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks Ryan! Not a sick bird- it is a rare bird.

If it was a sick bird it would be "illegal"

Now I have cheesy bird flu...

RogersLudwig

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how the sale goes. Last year, I sold a complete Londoner kit with matching maple dynasonic and all of the hardware. I got $4700.00, but the buyer actually paid another $1550 for shipping and $800 in customs and duties, for a total of just over $7000. And they looked like they just came out of the box. Of course, I didn't have a 6.5x14 or a 14x14 which gotta be the most desireable/collectible of the Rogers script drums.

Good luck.

tommykat1

DFO Star
Reaction score
I want! Please, mommy, buy me a new old drum set. Please, please, please!

rondrums51

rondrums51
Reaction score
DrumBob said:
Sorry, that's too much money for a drumset, IMO.

No doubt, Bob. The equivalent Rogers set when I was a high school student was about $500--very expensive at the time.

But it's the Rogers mystique that people want. If they can afford that kind of bread, let them pay!

It kills me. I wish I still had my Rogers, Gretsch, and Ludwig kits from when I was a kid. I kept them in top condition. If I still had them, I could put them on E Bay and throw another $20,000 into my 401 K!

empire drum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I believe that the asking price on ebay is prohibitively high for a reason, and that is that the seller is using ebay for advertising, not an actual sale.
He is taking offers and communicating off ebay through the various drum forums. That being said, this is no ordinary Rogers kit obviously, and should
command TOP dollar! The 6.5 wood dyna and the 14" floor are rare and HIGHLY desirable!!!!! I know the seller as well, having picked up a silver glass glitter Cleveland era powertone snare from him, and can add that he is one of the most knowledgeable Rogers collectors out there, and this kit is as good as it gets.
You won't get many shots at a kit this nice in your lifetime, IMHO. If you have
the money, you can't do any better than this. If I had the coin I'd be PM'ing him right now!

tommykat1

DFO Star
Reaction score
+1. I also have bought from this collector, and he is at the top of the heap in quality, honesty and reputation. He is a humble forum member, and he may choose not to divulge who he is.

This drum set is as good as it gets. The snare alone is worth over $6k. You won't find a 6.5 Dyna in this color scheme--let alone in this condition--anywhere else in this lifetime. And the fact that it is offered in full kit form with a 14" FT from the same era is--breathtaking. One of a kind. QED.

To the many, many Rogers aficionados out there, this is close to the holy grail--that being one of Buddy Rich's original drum sets, of course.

In my opinion, this would not be coming loose if it weren't for the economic downturn. The fact that it is even for sale is almost scary...

GrandpaCleve

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for the luck and kind words on this one. Those that have been Rogers looking for something like this understand how often we see a Cleveland era prime example. I would hope that this 4 pc will stay together longer than I'll be on this planet. Not one to part out or sell for the lugs. Finish and sizes do vary in price. 6.5 in Black Onyx aren't common ground. It will not be relisted so if you see these pics again at auction/craigs list do not buy it. Feel free to not pay feebay/slaypal fees and make an offer after the auction closes. Peace, Gary [email protected]

ebok45

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a few drum kits in my store (Which are all new) that are well over $10,000 AUS, the highest being $13,999. These will sit around for a while but once the right person comes along they will sell. This is no different. Worth every penny...

...To that right person :)

robbiecaps

Reaction score
Is it time for me to sell my 60s Rogers Blue Sparkle "Holiday" kit (Cleveland Era) 18 kick, 12 tom, 14 floor & matching wood snare (B&B Lugs)? After seeing that price, just maybe!

tommykat1

DFO Star
Reaction score
Robbie, your outfit will garner a heckuva lot of interest should you decide to part with it!

GrandpaCleve

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I second that comment on Robbies sparkling blue! Nice!

Also forgot to mention that I would take off some bucks to trade in toward the onyx 4pc. Looking for NJ "R" lug snare drums(rough condition ok), script logo Rogers bongos in sparkling red, green or gold. Also 6.5 x 14 Powertone or Holiday snare drums in any color. Still looking for a nice sparkling red Rogers throne to go with the Mark Freeman set. Peace, Gary

DrumBob said:
Sorry, that's too much money for a drumset, IMO.

Now, you're confusing me, Bob. Are you saying that if you didn't get your DWs for artist or endorsee prices, they would also be priced too high? Just wondering................................