Been bitten by Gretsch

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
Kurt, the bass we discussed has modern Bermuda inlay - it looks very close and great from 5' away. As for the above cracks, hard to tell if it will spread. I would inject some some glue under the edge along the width of each side, then get a little gloss poly on top to seal the crack.

ThomasL

Reaction score
From left to right: original inlay, modern Bermuda sand inlay, and the vintage wrap on the drum. I think the Gretsch hoops were lacquered after installing the inlays and the lacquer turns yellow when it ages, hence the inlays are even more yellowed than the drum itself.
EOS_3351s.jpg

I actually got some vintage wrap to replace the modern inlays about 10 years ago, but I haven't bothered doing it...

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
Bermuda sand is pretty good. I also have a Gretsch USA modern 14x14 in champagne and it is pale and barely sparkles - yet brand new wrap. It looks dead next to vintage and Bermuda.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
Hey guys, hopefully this gets seen. I have been working my way through cleaning up the Gretsch pieces I bought. I am in need of a few things and I am wondering if the new stuff is compatible with the old? I need one muffler for the tom as well as a diamond tom mount. I'm also probably going to get a reproduction Micro for the snare as well. Drum Center Portsmouth has the muffler and the Micro but I can't seem to find the tom mount anywhere unless it's used vintage. I know Gretsch makes it now because I see it on vintage build sets. I could just buy vintage but it would be nice to get everything at once in the same place. Plus the drums I have are so nice, I would need to find a near mint bracket and the new stuff is probably cheaper than vintage and looks new. Just wondering if I should just look for vintage or if anyone knows what the part number is on that diamond mount. When I google it, I get either vintage ones or the floor tom leg mounts. Thanks!

vegadrums77

Reaction score

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score

Thanks for that! I just responded.

you mean the Clip consolette small tom mount.
Is that what it is called? I know my Ludwig stuff but I'm a bit murky with Gretsch. Thanks!

Latest posts