header.nohb.html

Best Metallica album? Ever.

mydadisjr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
No way... gotta be this one (in spite of the weird mixing and production)

artworks-000365414436-7gkuw6-t500x500.jpg

10thMtnDivCpl

Reaction score
Master of Puppets, hands down. However, Kill 'Em All and Ride have a more desirable, 'fuller' sound to them. I've always been disappointed with how flat Master and Justice are.

Their musicianship seemed to have diminished after Burton passed away though, making me always question how much influence he really had on their songwriting.

This person did an awesome job making a video for Orion:

Last edited:

DrFrankCoco

Reaction score

Master of Puppets, hands down. However, Kill 'Em All and Ride have a more desirable, 'fuller' sound to them. I've always been disappointed with how flat Master and Justice are.

Their musicianship seemed to have diminished after Burton passed away though, making me always question how much influence he really had on their songwriting.

This person did an awesome job making a video for Orion:
Orion is epic. Anything before the black album is spot on. How does a band get worse and worse with time? Must be the $ they can barely play their own songs now.

10thMtnDivCpl

Reaction score
Orion is epic. Anything before the black album is spot on. How does a band get worse and worse with time? Must be the $ they can barely play their own songs now.
2 words: Bob Rock. I have to admit though, Lars's toms sounded great on the Black album. But, I'll never forget when that came out. It was the end of the summer, going into 8th grade. Had arguments that lasted the entire schoolyear with friends. Then.....Load......oh boy.........I'll stop. lol

DrFrankCoco

Reaction score
2 words: Bob Rock. I have to admit though, Lars's toms sounded great on the Black album. But, I'll never forget when that came out. It was the end of the summer, going into 8th grade. Had arguments that lasted the entire schoolyear with friends. Then.....Load......oh boy.........I'll stop. lol
100% I knew that dude was corporate when he was a producer. I was 9 when that record came out. If a 9 year old knows you ruined one the top metal bands, ew.

DrFrankCoco

Reaction score
Newer stuff seems forced like they were desperate to feed the fan base s

Newer stuff seems forced like they were desperate to feed the fan base .
Successful band degrade. To appeal to the fan base or to ride the wave. You'd think with experience they would evolve and improve. They get worse and phone it in.

DBT

Reaction score
Orion is epic. Anything before the black album is spot on. How does a band get worse and worse with time? Must be the $ they can barely play their own
Successful band degrade. To appeal to the fan base or to ride the wave. You'd think with experience they would evolve and improve. They get worse and phone it in.
I was lucky to have seen them at their best in the early to mid 80’s . Over time I almost forget I own their albums . Once in a blue moon I’ll crank up the older stuff .

DrFrankCoco

Reaction score
Which one has “Orion”? If there’s a better metal album than “Master of Puppets,” please name it.
I grew up with metal. Metallica was standard issue. Megadeth, Slayer and Pantera were always my better preference. Not to mention Voivod. Canadian math metal. Way before their time and superior musicians.

DrFrankCoco

Reaction score
I was lucky to have seen them at their best in the early to mid 80’s . Over time I almost forget I own their albums . Once in a blue moon I’ll crank up the older stuff .
Lucky. I was born later.

DBT

Reaction score
Lucky. I was born later.
I’ll tell ya what , before them it was all Judas Priest and Iron Maiden . Got to see them separately and together with Maiden opening for them . When they toured together that one year when I saw them Maiden blew Priest away but both Bands put on the best Metal Shows back then . Ozzy , Motörhead and the Crue were right up there too .

DrFrankCoco

Reaction score
I’ll tell ya what , before them it was all Judas Priest and Iron Maiden . Got to see them separately and together with Maiden opening for them . When they toured together that one year when I saw them Maiden blew Priest away but both Bands put on the best Metal Shows back then . Ozzy , Motörhead and the Crue were right up there too .damn.
Heyday. That's good music. My first major show was Pantera with type o negative. I was 11. Got stomped in the mosh pit. State fair grounds in Detroit. Live music is life changing.

Reactions: DBT