Best non-percussion samples for Alesis Strike Multipad?

Friendo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a total electronic drum newbie, have always played acoustic, but now own an Alesis Strike Pro SE kit (thanks, Covid) and most recently purchased the Strike Multipad.

My goal is to use the multipad as more of an instrument, not a percussion table, to create instrument loops and musical arrangements so that I can drum over them with the kit. However, I'm having a helluva time finding non-percussion, one-shot instrument samples that I can import.

I've found massive libraries online, but most seem to be geared toward electronic musicians creating full song loops with percussion, etc. whereas I'm just looking for bass notes, piano/synth notes, guitar chords, etc.

Any suggestions on where to find? And does Alesis only import .wav files?

Thank you!!!

dtk

DFO Star
Reaction score
I think the Alesis only does Wav.

So there are the free sounds web sites, Looperman and Free Sounds but...

For $100 you can get Abelton Live Trial...that comes with pianos, synths and other sounds that you could export as wavs.
I have the v10 (11 is now out)...and that's my plan...though I haven't executed it yet.

dtk

DFO Star
Reaction score
I think the Alesis only does Wav.

So there are the free sounds web sites, Looperman and Free Sounds but...

For $100 you can get Abelton Live Trial...that comes with pianos, synths and other sounds that you could export as wavs.
I have the v10 (11 is now out)...and that's my plan...though I haven't executed it yet.
SORRY-you can get trial for free for 90 days...if you want to buy the lowest package...its INTRO.

I've really enjoyed the software for making demos too (I'm melodicaly challanged).

Friendo

Reaction score
SORRY-you can get trial for free for 90 days...if you want to buy the lowest package...its INTRO.

I've really enjoyed the software for making demos too (I'm melodicaly challanged).
Awesome. Thanks, dtk! I was looking at getting some recording software anyway (I figured I'd upgrade from Garage Band), so that could be a great solution. I'll check it out. Appreciate the tip!

bpaluzzi

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Garage Band has a ton of internal sounds as well -- you'd be able to do the same thing suggested here (sampling internal sounds) with Garage Band.

Friendo

Reaction score
Ahhh...thanks, @bpaluzzi. I had no idea. See? Total noob.

I'll dig into Garage Band and see how I can do that. Assuming I have to export the sounds in some fashion? To .wav files and then import into the Alesis?

Forgive the ignorance.

bpaluzzi

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Ahhh...thanks, @bpaluzzi. I had no idea. See? Total noob.

I'll dig into Garage Band and see how I can do that. Assuming I have to export the sounds in some fashion? To .wav files and then import into the Alesis?

Forgive the ignorance.
The easiest would be to connect the audio output of your computer directly to the sampling audio input on the multipad, then use the regular sampling capabilities of the pad. You could also create the wavs directly on the computer by creating a "song" in Garage Band that is just the sample, then exporting the song as a WAV.

electrodrummer

Reaction score
Usual recommendation :)

Have fun

bagheera

Reaction score
@Friendo did you get this set up the way you wanted? I just found this thread because I'm in the same exact situation––same equipment, same objective. What worked best for you? I know my GarageBand has tons of good stuff on it that would be great to have on the Alesis. Were you able to do that?