Best Online Instructors/Sites?

Reaction score
I've been playing drums for close to 3 years now. I've been pretty diligent about trying to determine the best online lessons I can find. I've had 3 in person teachers which I am currently with one now but I also try to soak up as much information and learn from online lessons. I had been a student/member of stephensdrumshed.com for at least a year and I am extremely impressed with his teaching style and he has well over 300 lessons which each one is about an hour or longer. Stephen Taylor has been a great mentor. He's easy to get in touch with and if I make a trip to Nashville he'll give me an in person lesson. I've recently found Louie Palmer's online instructions to be very impressive and his drumming style, approach, ability and talent blows my mind. I'm betting his lessons are going to be above my head. I'm thinking about joining his online lessons but it's kind of expensive too, $29/month, compared to others that I've looked into. Drumeo seems like a great online lesson website as well but for some reason I've never joined.

My questions to the forum is what site do you believe to be the best and worst online drum lesson website?
What are some good free drum lesson websites?
Are there some free youtube videos that you recommend. For example, I have watched Bernard Purdie, Jeff Pocaro, Steve Gadd, and a slew of other free youtube drum lessons. Are there any that you recommend?

Thank you for your response in advance.

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Drumeo and Mike Johnston seem to be among the more popular ones currently, but for another option I'd recommend http://orlandodrummer.com/

He's got a good way of explaining and demonstrating rock, funk and jazzier styles, and he's on youtube too.

speady1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Matt Dudley and Libor Hadrava are both incredible instructors that will do Skype lessons...Do a quick google search and you'll find them.

Slothabobob

Reaction score
HEY! Not completely related, but for my school work i'm having to make up a similar project - online drum lessons! if you could fill out my questionnaire it would really help!! Also i like JP Bouvet! hes wicked, but also Chris Coleman clinics thoooo!!!! Anyway, here's the link to my survey if you could please! https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XVZ32KT

Animaaal

Reaction score
Stephen Taylor is great, also one of my favorites. For free videos- I really, really, like Rob 'Beatdown' Brown too, he's a beast. I like his style, very intelligent guy with chops.

I do belong to drumeo, and recommend it. I pay about $100 for 6 months... There's no reason to not try drumeo, they will refund you if you don't like it. Besides the "vault" of videos on drumeo, they do a live lesson every day, they will work with you individually (you can send in your own video to be critiqued), they have some big name guest teachers (and big name teachers on staff). It's been good for me.

michaellasaponara

Reaction score
I always suggest Dave Elitch. I studied under him for years, he's a master technician with lots of experience and a straight shooter. He gives Skype lessons as well.

Www. Davidelitch.com

Latest posts