Best place to purchase heads on line?(is there?)

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
I appreciate the deals at Russo but they almost never have the heads I want in stock. I have ordered heads from them when luck was with me and they were in stock, but I have to say most of the time I go with Cascio Interstate because they have more variety on hand.

MatrixClaw

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
bongomania said:
I appreciate the deals at Russo but they almost never have the heads I want in stock. I have ordered heads from them when luck was with me and they were in stock, but I have to say most of the time I go with Cascio Interstate because they have more variety on hand.
If you're talking about Ludwig heads, Steve just ordered nearly every head they make and plans to keep them in stock.

dexplosion

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I like Evans heads.
I've ordered them from Steve at Russo before.
I don't think all I wanted was in stock or on the site.
They still arrived in a timely fashion, since Steve (NJ) isn't that far from Evans (NY).

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
MatrixClaw said:
If you're talking about Ludwig heads, Steve just ordered nearly every head they make and plans to keep them in stock.
That's cool when those arrive, but right now there are only 8 Ludwig SKUs in stock on the site. For Evans they have more SKUs on hand, but not the ones I've been interested in buying.

Don't get me wrong, I know Steve and Russo are great on many levels, and I know how expensive it is for a shop to hold all kinds of inventory; but since OP asked "best place to purchase heads", I have to say the "best place" has to have the goods ready to sell when I'm ready to order.

Long Island Drum is another one; they have almost nothing actually in stock, even though they have every head and size ever invented listed on their website. I'm currently at week five waiting on an order from them that on their site said it would ship in "5-7 days".

LimaPop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have to go with many others: Interstate has been good to me; I was a big Midwest fan, sad to see that option implode.

Rockin' Billy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Keepin’ the beat since 1973 Woodstock, N.Y.
Many answers given. I would suggest - as he is a friend and obviously trusts you - the biggest favour you could do to him as he recovers, is to keep buying your drum gear through him.

Scott
Scott-yes thanks. The unfortunate news is he won't be coming home for a while if at all, and hope the latter is not the case. Very serious critical condition and transported to N.Y.C. as a team of Dr.'s are trying to plan his care/treatment/surgery.

Sadly to say, my friend and drum shop owner and drummer will not be coming home. He passed away at 1:00am this morning. Rest in peace Victor Ruzzo of Kingston, N.Y.

Vipercussionist

Drummer Extra Ordinary
Reaction score
100% agreed, give this another thought, it sounds like he needs your support, especially NOW!!!

Dynaman said:
Many answers given. I would suggest - as he is a friend and obviously trusts you - the biggest favour you could do to him as he recovers, is to keep buying your drum gear through him.

Scott

torydrum

One of the old farts...
Reaction score
Vipercussionist said:
100% agreed, give this another thought, it sounds like he needs your support, especially NOW!!!

Scott
did you read his post above? #28

"Sadly to say, my friend and drum shop owner and drummer will not be coming home. He passed away at 1:00am this morning. Rest in peace Victor Ruzzo of Kingston, N.Y."

Vipercussionist

Drummer Extra Ordinary
Reaction score
My bad, I didn't read the entire thread.

torydrum said:

Scott
did you read his post above? #28

"Sadly to say, my friend and drum shop owner and drummer will not be coming home. He passed away at 1:00am this morning. Rest in peace Victor Ruzzo of Kingston, N.Y."

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Coated Evans G1 tom packs (10, 12, 14) are $25.70 shipped from Amazon vendor, Music123.
That's about as cheap as you'll find them anywhere.