Best snare cases.... especially for a 14x8

polycrescendo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a Oriollo coming.

I'm thinking either going custom ATA route or your way... I have a few Pelican cases and I love them. really well made and the "pick and pluck" foam system is awesome. not sure why I didn't think of that solution sooner.
If you end up with the pluck foam, pluck it as needed, then spray it all down with Plasti Dip, I'm about to do mine. It makes the rest of the foam cubes stick together and less prone to pulling apart when loading and unloading your drum. Congrats on the Oriollo!

Zalloy

Reaction score
If you end up with the pluck foam, pluck it as needed, then spray it all down with Plasti Dip, I'm about to do mine. It makes the rest of the foam cubes stick together and less prone to pulling apart when loading and unloading your drum. Congrats on the Oriollo!
Thank you for the suggestion! I appreciate it! :thumbup:

polycrescendo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
IMAG1187.jpg
IMAG1192.jpg
IMAG1199.jpg
IMAG1193.jpg

I finally finished my interior. As mentioned above, spraying the pluck foam with Plasti Dip locks everything together and prevents the foam from shredding from use. After that I just adhered crushed velvet to everything that would touch the snare and this is the result. The snare now easily slides in and out of the case due to the smooth velvet.

Ptrick

Reaction score
I also bought one of the Duluth manufacturered Cast Bronze snares, and inspired by poly’s original post, I researched for the best case, and ended up buying a pelican.

Thanks to this thread and some direct messaging with Poly, I got it all set up today.

I set it up for two different uses. One ultra protection mode for a single snare, much like the post above.
F2E0A770-5132-4E38-A59A-05D568F2C085.jpeg
A8B28A47-5436-40C9-BC84-3B3CD2CF0BF2.jpeg

I also wanted to set it up for two snares. I saw a similarly sized case made by SKB that was for two snares, both laid on their sides.

So off I went hunting more foam. Picked up some 1” high density foam at Joann’s Fabric store. Originally came in a roll, measured and cut it to look like this:
33715B6C-AD8A-446F-9391-9F10201F0EED.jpeg

Sprayed them heavily with grey plasti dip, as was done in the OP’s case.
5873BFFD-3A5D-4223-9623-48DAE99CD684.jpeg
BFAAEBC9-1D21-4C1C-BD2C-E0C48B65FE82.jpeg

Put them inside the case along the edges. For the time being, I’m using a piece of styrofoam I picked up at Michael’s arts supply in between the snares. I wanted something semi solid separating them. I’m not totally happy with it, so I picked up some Kaizen foam for the middle (used for tools, most people cut layers off of it to hold their tools in place). It should be here next week.

B423F558-D616-449C-A9CA-CD7A3F30C43E.jpeg
80B0AE37-A0E7-43E1-A02F-6EA9C2A6BC76.jpeg
D484288B-6809-4E2C-BEA5-9AD3D4A56C7D.jpeg
C35353C5-118D-430C-A865-B4D51D67C919.jpeg

The last pics are of it all ready to go, loaded with two snares. Weighs a ton with two cast bronze snares in it, but the nice handle and big casters make it a breeze transporting. It does have large retractable handles on the sides for lifting.

I’m thrilled. Lately I’ve been bringing my Duluth and Tama bell brass to gigs and sessions (one medium tight, the other medium low) using H&B Enduro pro cases, which work fine, but I wanted some added protection, and to not have to carry the dang things so far.

polycrescendo

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I also bought one of the Duluth manufacturered Cast Bronze snares, and inspired by poly’s original post, I researched for the best case, and ended up buying a pelican.

Thanks to this thread and some direct messaging with Poly, I got it all set up today.

I set it up for two different uses. One ultra protection mode for a single snare, much like the post above.

I also wanted to set it up for two snares. I saw a similarly sized case made by SKB that was for two snares, both laid on their sides.

So off I went hunting more foam. Picked up some 1” high density foam at Joann’s Fabric store. Originally came in a roll, measured and cut it to look like this:

Sprayed them heavily with grey plasti dip, as was done in the OP’s case.

Put them inside the case along the edges. For the time being, I’m using a piece of styrofoam I picked up at Michael’s arts supply in between the snares. I wanted something semi solid separating them. I’m not totally happy with it, so I picked up some Kaizen foam for the middle (used for tools, most people cut layers off of it to hold their tools in place). It should be here next week.

The last pics are of it all ready to go, loaded with two snares. Weighs a ton with two cast bronze snares in it, but the nice handle and big casters make it a breeze transporting. It does have large retractable handles on the sides for lifting.

I’m thrilled. Lately I’ve been bringing my Duluth and Tama bell brass to gigs and sessions (one medium tight, the other medium low) using H&B Enduro pro cases, which work fine, but I wanted some added protection, and to not have to carry the dang things so far.
Excellent job on the double foam configurations. I'm glad this thread helped you find a better solution for those bronze beasts. Long live DFO

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I buy 15x15 tom cases and I can fit two or three snares per case. Humes & Berg are great for hard cases, as are Beato if you want soft cases

Latest posts