Best Snare Side Head for 6.5x14 DW Wood Snare?

NobleCooleyNut

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ludwig X-thin is by far my favourite snare side head for any drum . It has a shallow collar and is very quick to dial in .

RyanLovesDrums

Reaction score
That’s what I keep reading and checked them out. It seems like Walmart might be the best place to get it. It’s still $21. I have a 2 mil head on there now for the time and seems a little too sensitive and might have more sympathetic buzz which is steering me back to a 3 mil head. The Ludwig head doesn’t have those issues?

NoMotivationDrummer

Reaction score
I really enjoy the REMO Ambassador Hazy. It has a nice, warm tone to it, and is a really easy head to find. They are much better than other heads in my opinion. They are MILES better than the stock TAMA heads on my TAMA Woodworks.

RyanLovesDrums

Reaction score
I really enjoy the REMO Ambassador Hazy. It has a nice, warm tone to it, and is a really easy head to find. They are much better than other heads in my opinion. They are MILES better than the stock TAMA heads on my TAMA Woodworks.
Yeah that’s what I’ve used most my life. DW also makes that head except the collar is a little different. It’s a lower profile and seems like better quality than you get when you get a regular hazy ambassador but they’re expensive.

NoMotivationDrummer

Reaction score
Yeah that’s what I’ve used most my life. DW also makes that head except the collar is a little different. It’s a lower profile and seems like better quality than you get when you get a regular hazy ambassador but they’re expensive.
I didn't know that DW made heads. I mean... It makes sense. They are called "Drum Workshop"

RyanLovesDrums

Reaction score
I didn't know that DW made heads. I mean... It makes sense. They are called "Drum Workshop"
Yeah all their drums come with Remo heads that they make for them. My snare came with those special Remo heads that they have and when it was time to get some new ones I stuck with those and ordered them from DW which you can on their website but to order those every time could really break the bank.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
That’s what I keep reading and checked them out. It seems like Walmart might be the best place to get it. It’s still $21. I have a 2 mil head on there now for the time and seems a little too sensitive and might have more sympathetic buzz which is steering me back to a 3 mil head. The Ludwig head doesn’t have those issues?
Hi Ryan, the Ludwig snare side head IS in fact a 3 mil head. It's my go-to for Ludwig metal snares. Other snares, I often use the Aquarian Classic Clear snare side, it is very very similar sounding and costs less.

RyanLovesDrums

Reaction score
Hi Ryan, the Ludwig snare side head IS in fact a 3 mil head. It's my go-to for Ludwig metal snares. Other snares, I often use the Aquarian Classic Clear snare side, it is very very similar sounding and costs less.
Ok thanks.

varatrodder

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I put the Ludwig head on everything. Best snare side head on the market.