Best way to label my name on an SKB snare case?

tnsquint

Backline Rental Guru
Reaction score
drumrman2002 said:
A paint marker would work if it doesn't need to be too 'pretty'. If you want something that looks professionally stenciled, PM me and I'll make you a pair of masking stencils using my vinyl cutter (no charge). Buy a rattle can of Krylon fusion spray paint(made for plastic), apply the stencil, mask to prevent over spray and shoot it. It'll look like it came from the factory. Bruce
For the win!

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
L_Johnson said:
Just for the record, my name isn't Jan. I give my drums names so I know what's in each case. Anyone want to guess what's in Jan?
Ill guess your Snare Drum
So smart. What kind of sticks do you use?

dave.robertson

Reaction score
drumrman2002 said:
A paint marker would work if it doesn't need to be too 'pretty'. If you want something that looks professionally stenciled, PM me and I'll make you a pair of masking stencils using my vinyl cutter (no charge). Buy a rattle can of Krylon fusion spray paint(made for plastic), apply the stencil, mask to prevent over spray and shoot it. It'll look like it came from the factory. Bruce
Krylon Fusion Paint works great.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Another vote for the silver Sharpie. Works really well on SKB cases.
+1 I made a simple stencil cut out of cardstock that I trace around with a silver sharpie then I color the letters in. Works great on SKB cases.

Dannydit

Reaction score
@drumrman2002 what kind of vinyl cutter do you have? Would you recommend it?

I'm looking for a vinyl cutter for some time now and can't make up my mind.

I mean I was looking through the net and read a bunch of reviews and didn't get smarter. It's like those reviews were written by people who have only read about the cutters.

I came across a different blog. The blogger is criticizing the brands. Maybe it's too much for my taste. Anyways I've read best die cut machine review and got me thinking. More like I have a bunch of questions.

Can i get things done with a desktop machine? I don't have buckets of money to spare

Any input is highly appreciated

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just curious if you want it to be known or just for ID in case (get it? lol) of theft?

To prove it's yours if confronted, have your name on the inside of the strap or some other hidden location that isn't obvious. That way no one knows it's there but you. If you ever have to ID it to reclaim it, just show the underside of the strap or hidden location.

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I want to make a stencil, old - school looking - with a fair amount of letters that I can spray onto my cases. How do you make a stencil?

Heartbeat

Advanced Heart Guru
Reaction score
I want to make a stencil, old - school looking - with a fair amount of letters that I can spray onto my cases. How do you make a stencil?
Home Depot/Lowe's has a couple different sizes of stencil kits (I used the 3" stencils). Then go to a craft store and get a can of "Stencil Adhesive." Line up and tape your letters together to form a template, then spray the back of it with the adhesive. Place it on your case and make sure it's flat and sticks everywhere. Mask over all the outside edges, then cover the rest of the case with a tarp/sheet. Use a white spray paint for plastic. Luckily, I have a short name.

IMG-4553.jpg
IMG-7659.jpg

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Home Depot/Lowe's has a couple different sizes of stencil kits (I used the 3" stencils). Then go to a craft store and get a can of "Stencil Adhesive." Line up and tape your letters together to form a template, then spray the back of it with the adhesive. Place it on your case and make sure it's flat and sticks everywhere. Mask over all the outside edges, then cover the rest of the case with a tarp/sheet. Use a white spray paint for plastic. Luckily, I have a short name.

View attachment 415649View attachment 415650

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for this. I knew I should have specified - this will be on old-fibreboard cases.